We had to go

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
After 4 days of no power we finialy packed up and headed for the Austin area. We were running out of food, cooking soup on the grill and trying to sleep in the heat with no air co. My wife has not been able to see her doctor (had recent surgery) since the operation and is still sore but for us to get a real hot meal, see actual TV, sleep in air conditioned comfort and have something to drink with actual ice in it especially my adult beverage) was really a treat. My neighbor with the generator is staying and will call us when the power comes on. If not real soon we will make the drive to my inlaws in Phoenix. I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone else is doing ok. We pray for everybody involved in this mess. Thanks for the caring posts.

Mike

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, travel safe.. let us know when you arrive wherever you get too, so we know your safe n sound.

booty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your wife is doing better, having ac again will def. make her feel better.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Thats good news Mike, I was hoping that you and your wife would leave or the power would come back on. Did they have any estimation on when it will come back on in your area? Please keep us posted if you head out or stay around Austin for a while.

When we all get back to town I say we all meet up for adult beverages somewhere, I got the first round! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jason

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
The three of us (me, wife Jax and Chance the wonder dog) in San Marcus for the night. We move to N. Austin (Round Rock for the next few days. Thanks Jason, I take you up on that offer! If any one hears about power being restored in the Imperial Oaks are of Spring please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank again for all your thoughts and wishes.

Mike

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Mike,

Susan has power in the Woodlands, It came back on earlier this afternoon.

My pops said there are tons of power trucks and the guys are working around the clock - Props to those fellas that have left their families to help ours.

Jason

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
scubamike said:
After 4 days of no power we finialy packed up and headed for the Austin area. We were running out of food, cooking soup on the grill and trying to sleep in the heat with no air co. My wife has not been able to see her doctor (had recent surgery) since the operation and is still sore but for us to get a real hot meal, see actual TV, sleep in air conditioned comfort and have something to drink with actual ice in it especially my adult beverage) was really a treat. My neighbor with the generator is staying and will call us when the power comes on. If not real soon we will make the drive to my inlaws in Phoenix. I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone else is doing ok. We pray for everybody involved in this mess. Thanks for the caring posts.

Mike

Mike, I hope you have power soon. I got mine back today, so I am good. Hope you wife is handling the travelling okay. We'll hunt soon and put all this nastiness behind us!!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Heya Mike...so glad to hear that you have gotten your pretty wife someplace comfortable to recover from the surgery and that you are there with her! Hope you have power at home again real soon! Keep us updated!

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Mike, I believe that the Woodlands is back up on the grid. Hope you guys are doing well and wish the best for you. Atascocita (Humble area still no power :-\ )

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
I checked with my neighbor and we are still without power. He heard we should be back up on Friday. Never the less I stayin' in Austin until I am darn sure it's on for good! :icon_sunny:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
just-geese said:
Mine still off as of 3:30 today...getting tired of cold showers ;D
Don

lol Don I would think as hot as it is that cold showers would be the least of your worries....warm drinks would suck too though...and oh gracious.....the list in my head of all that would suck just multiplied so fast I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it! Sooooo glad you guys are okay!

scubamike said:
I checked with my neighbor and we are still without power. He heard we should be back up on Friday. Never the less I stayin' in Austin until I am darn sure it's on for good! :icon_sunny:

I am so glad you are! That way you get to be on here keeping us updated! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread