PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MY 13 YEAR OLD STEP SON PLEASE.

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 13 year old step son and his mom that needs your prarers please. He has to go to Childrens Health Care of Atlanta every year to have a MRI done because of a spot that was found on his brain. We took him last year in August as scheduled and we were told the spot had grown a little and that they wanted to see him back there in 6 months. Well he went back yesterday and had his MRI done again, The doctor called us into his office and told us that the spot had grown more since the last MRI that was done. Then he told us he wanted to send him to a ONCOLOGIST, Which is a Cancer Doctor. We never wanted to hear that come from the Dr. and it was and still is hard to swallow. He dont quiet understand what all this means. He has asked lots of questions and some of them brought tears to my eyes but we have to keep it together in front of him. We are just trying to hope for the best as all mom's and dad's would.
I will not be posting any of my finds for a while. He will be using my detector and we will be posting HIS finds. He loves to go out with me an go MD'ing.So I am going to let him do all the detecting while I set back and watch him. I have never seen a young man so determind to go find a good solid beep on my AT PRO. And you can tell when he gets a good signal because his eyes light up and he drops and starts digging to see what he has found. It is like watching him open up his Christmas gifts. We will be starting Baseball soon and between that and MD'ing we will stay busy and get through this with the help of your prayers. He has a sister,brother and 2 step brothers that will be keeping him busy and on the go also. I never thought I would be going through something like this with any of my kids and if I could take all of there problems from them I would. So all I can ask is WHY,WHY,WHY.
I don't know how often I will be posting his finds but I will be on here with him looking at your finds. He likes to see what you all have found so keep posting your finds please. I just started this hobby and he was the first one to go out with me and learn how to use the AT PRO he is very smart and picks up on things quick. So it wasn't long before he knew the detector better than me. LOL. Every day after school he asks me am I ready to go out and start MD'ing after he gets his homework done. This last hunt we went to Kettle creek battle ground and he was finding all kinds of things like spent rifle shells none to old but he didnt care. He was happy and that is all that matters. Anyway enough of my sobbing on here. All I am asking is to please pray for him. Also if you would add him to your prayer list at Church.
I know some of you have read my posts and are thinking didnt he just buy 2 detectors? And the answer is yes. But my youngest son thought he was doing me a favor by cleaning it and took the water hose to it and now we are down to one. He saw Dad washing his with the hose and thought it was ok to do the same to that one. But he didnt understand and that is what happened to the other detector. I explained to him what he had done and he started crying and told me he didnt know and he was sorry. Man as I was typing that I thought how the little things seam so big at the time they happen, Then something like this comes along and It puts things in perspective! So if you have kids and they are doing something they think is helping you but in the long run It Isn't, Try not to be hard on them just explain to them what they have done. And then thank God for them and just move on. I hope none of you will ever be told what was told to his mom and I yesterday. Thank you for reading this and letting us be part of this huge family. MAY GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FROM ME AND MY WIFE TO YOU AND ALL OF YOURS!!!

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
New to the site and just read your post. I have a 7 and 2 year old and can only imagine how devastating this must be.
I didn't see any posts after this one so I'm not sure how things are but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your son and your family.
Larry

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine how you feel, but God can work miracles and He has a plan. So let's do some praying.

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayer dial set to 11.

I have 3 kids, aged 29, 19 and 8. I can't even begin to start to think of any of them in a medically compromised position w/out my head spinning.

Hang in there man.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers are being sent as of now and more later. I wish you all the best. Remember that God is the answer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread