One More Time - thoughts and prayers appreciated.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, as I sit here at 4:30 am, I have just finished talking to my neice - in Pennsylvania, who was supposed to go back to Iraq in January.

She is shipping out to Iraq this morning - 3rd time - no, its NOT January, nor has she had her "full time off", and she got 1 weeks notice.

Actually, she is heading for California today, Thursday, the 18th, will be the flight to Kuwait, and then the trp into Iraq. (should be on base in Iraq by Sunday).

Nicole - my thoughts and prayers will be with you every day.

Attachments

• again.JPG
    again.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 186

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our prayers are going with her Jeffs cousin had 3 tours there hopefully the jo he has now hes recruiting will keep him state side with his wife and 3 kids, 1st trip over was DMZ in Korea then 3 to Iraq 1st regular 2nd crossing guard, 3rd was traing their men, so all our prayers go with them always!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Nichole, thank you for serving our country. You and all our service men and women are in my prayers.

God Speed,
Pepper

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Let the Lord surround you with His protection as you serve our country....our prayers and gratitude are with you always...........

Attachments

• blessings.gif
    blessings.gif
    192.9 KB · Views: 119
  • blessings.gif
    blessings.gif
    192.9 KB · Views: 115

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Nicole we are so very grateful for you and those that serve with you and will be praying for you always! Hurry home safely!

T

trish76642

mrs.oroblanco said:
Thanks everyone - for the posts and pm's for my niece. I worry about her every day.

B
I feel your pain Mrs. O...
I was in the same boat when my daughter got shipped off to Iraq, I worried and i prayed everyday for her.
A week before she left, i took her to church with me that sunday before and she got saved. My preacher had her standing infront of the congragation and he told everyone that she was going to Iraq and that she wanted to get saved before she went, I was dying on the inside. He looked at me and said "Trish, all you have to do is KNOW that God will protect her, put her in his hands" and thats what i did, everytime i thought about her, the worry would try to set in, but i remembered those words that "God will take care of her" I want you to try and do the same.

Its bad enough that we worry about them going over there, but think about what they may be thinking. All the worries that we have, we still need to try and set a positive message for them to try and keep them from worrying, Instead of saying "Oh my god i hope nothing bad happens to you while your there" we need to give them positive thoughts so they can stay focused. Hope that makes sence.
SHe'll be ok Mrs. O....i know she will. :wink:

T

trish76642

I wanted to show you this picture of my daughter when she went to Iraq, i've had it posted before, but i took it down, alot of people frown on war, i do too only because i am a mother, but just think how it would be if we didnt have our soldiers.

The little girl standing beside her mother was injured while they were walking down the street when a car bomb went off. You can see the pins and scars on her little face. She loved the Americans, always taking pictures of them. Her mother told my daughter, who was a medic, "When we heard the Americans were coming we thought we were all going to die, i cant say thank you enough for all you have done."

Wanted to share this with you, maybe i love it so much because it reminds me of the good that came out of all the fear that i had for my child while she was there. I wouldnt take a million dollars for this picture.

Attachments

• kkIraqPic (2).jpg
    kkIraqPic (2).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really great, Trish. Nice picture - and I would treasure it also.

I think I've shown most of the pictures that I have of my niece on her last assignments. She sent me a disc with pictures on it, but my cd/dvd isn't working right, so I cannot even get them to come up (have to get that fixed - whatever is wrong)

Thanks,

B

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tish that is a beautiful pic I would treasure it to! I pray that the little girl is doing fine now!

Mrs.O please get it fixed would love to see more pics of that beautiful girl too!

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to laugh at her the last time - when she came home, she asked me if I had any ideas on jobs she could apply for - she said her top job skills were fixing generators and that she could break a man's neck in 12 seconds - what kind of job would she be good at???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny hummmm! There was a girl I know she had been trained in airplane mechanics did she use her skills when she got home no she just started being a mommy which is a great job too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread