Good finds at the thrift store today automatic watch included

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the store I've gotten so many good things there and today was no exception. I'll start with the watch it was $60 longines 10 karat gold filled works perfectly fine. Some scratches.

image-4074737408.jpg

image-3145819384.jpg

Next was a belt buckle and money for $2.99. They were in a bag and I couldn't see the back of the belt buckle but thought it looks over and it is 98 g! Singed Fonseca.

image-591667148.jpg

image-457806315.jpg

This one they must've just missed all together obviously. It was $1.99. Marked Camillia 925. The bracelet alone sells for $60 all the charms or separately mart I'm probably not going to separate out, maybe like $159 Obo.

image-738337493.jpg

This pair of earrings were $10 and they sell close to hundred signed on the back of them Levin.

image-576849625.jpg

Then the last pair of earrings were eight dollars they are also signed nye and look to sell around $40-$50.

image-2145609536.jpg

Spent close to $100 there today and I should have enough to pay my rent for the month if it all sells for what I think it's worth!

I'm going back tomorrow because they have a gold necklace in the case and one of the employees wants to buy it but They think it's fake. So I'm going to take my test kit there. And test it for him so he can be assured that it's real. I kind of think it's fake too but it's $200! So I'm not going to say anything in front of the manager but I'm going to check it for him. Management don't care long as the other people have tested stuff before too.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds kid. I'm envious. My local TS think that they are a retail jewelry store. On Sunday I was looking at their jewelry and found a gold looking broach that was unmarked but had a scratch mark on its back where it looked like they tested it from. Assuming it was 18k it was still 2x's over melt at $699. BTW, today was 25% off day and none of their gold was on display. I bet it's back out tomorrow.

Yesterday, I did score a listed Canadian artist, Mario Mauro, oil painting for $6 who sells for $600-1000 at auction. Hope they don't start researching artwork like the do jewelry.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helluva a good score. I always look for a belt buckles but no luck yet

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helluva a good score. I always look for a belt buckles but no luck yet
This is my second Sterling one the first one is not so pretty but it has a good name on it in fact it's sitting here on the floor so I'll show you. But it says Hamley and Co. Pendleton Orr Sterling and it is on a bunchner leather belt I believe. image-1526824502.jpg

The belt is a Hamley too. They look like they sell for a ton! I'm gonna clean it tonight and list it too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds kid. I'm envious. My local TS think that they are a retail jewelry store. On Sunday I was looking at their jewelry and found a gold looking broach that was unmarked but had a scratch mark on its back where it looked like they tested it from. Assuming it was 18k it was still 2x's over melt at $699. BTW, today was 25% off day and none of their gold was on display. I bet it's back out tomorrow. Yesterday, I did score a listed Canadian artist, Mario Mauro, oil painting for $6 who sells for $600-1000 at auction. Hope they don't start researching artwork like the do jewelry.

That's crazy. $700 for a brooch at a thrift store I'm sure the whole world running in there to buy it too!! Absolutely ridiculous. Our store pulls all the good stuff too and they have sales and then they put it back and it sits there forever. Although I was the idiot who bought one last week. it ended up being $30 below spot and I sold it on eBay for $30 above spot on auction so I pretty much broke even with fees maybe...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Our GW had an 18K brooch for $600. They put it in a cup and taped it up so you couldn't touch it. So stupid. I had to have the manager stand over me and watch me look at it. They said they looked up the price on Ebay. How much do you wanna bet they looked what it was going for, and not completed auctions?

Great finds! You paid $60 for the longines watch? Isn't that a bit high?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our GW had an 18K brooch for $600. They put it in a cup and taped it up so you couldn't touch it. So stupid. I had to have the manager stand over me and watch me look at it. They said they looked up the price on Ebay. How much do you wanna bet they looked what it was going for, and not completed auctions? Great finds! You paid $60 for the longines watch? Isn't that a bit high?

The watch sold for $127 + 3 shipping. Started as a .99 auction. I'm happy with that.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I can never find any great deals at any of the GW's here! Most of the GW's in these small cities don't get a lot of real quality items being that so much of the area is rural and besides, there are folks that seem to live in them waiting for the better items to be put out. They are like Fruit Flies waiting for a Peach to be left out on the kitchen counter!

Frank

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a side note none of the stuff the is from gw. I won't waste my time walking in Goodwill here. It's all garbage. The items I bought here are from a family run thrift store but it's huge.

There are a lot of small consignment shops and thrift stores in this area because our city is seasonal and there are a lot of residence I come down from out of town. So the selection in the stores during the winter months are really good.

This one particular store always has precious metals, just a lot of the times the prices are ridiculous unless you really know what you're looking at. I don't know a whole lot about watches but I know if They are wind up gold filled ones are pretty good. So I figured I could at least double on $60 and I did. A lot of times the silver jewelry is priced high. But they don't price by name on the jewelry but by weight. Normally they charge about a $1.50 per gram sometimes a dollar on their prices. and gold it's normally 1 1/2x spot as well. But sometimes they have a really good name on them and they have no idea.

As most people don't and less you're into jewelry and know what to look for. They had a while ago in a 10k gold military ring and their price was $125. Scrap value was only I think $80. But I sold that online for $350. Other stuff sits in the case for months because nobody's going to pay such high prices there but maybe once in a while.

Yesterday everything in the case was half off except for the gold. And I bought one piece because of the stones but all of the rest is not worth buying I already got all the namebrand stuff out of it. They put new jewelry out on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I don't ever bother going on Friday Saturday or Sunday to this place because it's overwhelmingly packed with people. And they put the stuff out around 230-3 o'clock.

Now I take my daughter who is three years old and the people there love her to death and they will stop and talk to her and play with her and ask her questions while I look through the jewelry they're putting out. It works very well! And if she's not there with me they will set the jewelry out and let me look through it and asked me questions about my daughter while I'm looking through it.

Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a bunch of gold filled watches here. Some of them work, some don't. The few I tried to sell never went for more than $20. Which is why I was curious. I can't remember what brand it was. Do you have a lot of people who are following you? I'm building up my following slowly but surely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread