Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the local TS I ran across a Gucci Jacket. Had original price tag of 1700.00 discounted to 1200. Another tag from another TS price of 250. The TS I was at had it at 79.00 with 1/2 off so it would have been 40.00. I spent at least 30 minutes looking at it. It was not that good looking and the front pocket was worn on top. I put it back, picked it back up time again. Finally I decided against it. Not that it cost 40.00 I just did not want to get stuck with it. Only thing I liked about it was the Name. Bad decision maybe but I felt better not buying it than if I had bought it.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Now if you do an ebay search and find a like jacket sold for $500 then you run back!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you were smart to walk away. How was the front pocket worn if the original tags were on it?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmph. My local SA had a bunch of knock offs. Gucci pocketbooks that were blank inside. No label. One consignment store that I went into once, the owner said, You don't want this Coach; it's not real. (Uh, so why are you "selling it"?) I personally would be very leery to buy a high end designer unless you know 100% that it's real. (One thrift store was charging $120 for a tiny Tiffany. When I question if it was authentic, sales girl got huffy with me. She was like, It's going to charity. who cares if it is real or not. (I DO!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread