Random thrift store item of the day

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to see some of the crazy items You see at your thrift stores!! Sometimes I see things that are priced so crazy do you have to wonder what somebody was thinking! Or maybe you walked into the store and do what is that! Or who would by that!

This one made me laugh pretty hard and I wanted it for my front door as well but I'm pretty sure my wife would say no! I actually asked this one guy who's always there if he would put his arm around it and take a picture but he said no way!!

Definitely life like I'm 6'5 and it was about 6 foot tall.

image-354528821.jpg

What crazy things do you see?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh? what were they thinking is right

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did they want for it? Look at completed listing for life size armor statue. They sell from $200-400 plus shipping. Not that I recommend anyone try to ship it without some serious packing abilities. Guess it would also depend on weight.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did they want for it? Look at completed listing for life size armor statue. They sell from $200-400 plus shipping. Not that I recommend anyone try to ship it without some serious packing abilities. Guess it would also depend on weight.
I didn't even look at it. If I go there tomorrow morning everything in the store is half off. However having some boxing gloves or brass knuckles would probably be advised because the whole city goes there as well. All of the silver is half off. All of the jewelry. Except for the gold they pull that out and hide it. it will all be out on Tuesday though. They use to do the gold 1/2 off. I would be first in line and clean them out. No point in going anymore. It was probably $99 I bet.

They open at 9 o'clock. By 8 AM it looks like you're waiting in line for" it's a small world" at disney. Insane!!! Too much junk piled up to invest time waiting there on holidays anymore. ( plus I think Day after holidays are better anyways, all the jewelry will be brand-new!)

Last edited:

pugwrangler

Aug 7, 2013
Picked these up for $10 a piece, kicking myself for not getting the rest...

Attachments

• 1432563208767.jpg
    1432563208767.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1432563232347.jpg
    1432563232347.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 142

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty cool are they like Jamaican totem poles or something?
See thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/461209-strange-african-mask-statue.html

I haven't seen anything lately that was real crazy other than some of the customers. I spotted a nice Wolf's neck to ankle dress form model 1987 on a rolling cast iron base ($1600 retail) in a Goodwill a couple years ago but it was NSF, they were using it for "display" with no clothes on it (go figure). Looked like the one in the middle, retails for about $1600-

15.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread