Consignment stores

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a heads up for any one here who hasn't hit any consignment stores. I get a LOT of stuff from the various stores. Not for a buck, or even three. BUT, I do get some incredible deals.
this week I picked up:
1 pair of 14K diamond earrings for $22. (They thought they were sterling CZs)
1 14K pendant (may be 18K; acid test not conclusive) for $26 (they thought it was 925)
1 14K love knot earrings for $12

In the past, I got a Mikimoto brooch for $42 that I turned around for $875. Pay a visit to your local stores. You'll figure out which are the ones who know what they are doing, and which are the ones who don't.

picture of my new earrings (a birthday present for myself) --
2015-07-13 19.39.11.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I will start doing that! I got lucky and found a Goodwill that prices ALL jewelry for 50 cents and 1 dollar. A really nice watch will be up to $5(Fossil...). Got 14K 2gram white gold earrings for 50 cents this week. Those earrings of yours are AWESOME! I have a pair almost exactly like them...and they ARE 925 with CZs. LOL

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to hit a few soon. Thanks!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you tell if the place is consignment store or thrift store. I guess an antique store with lots of small spaces of different items is a consignment store. Any other places? I am drawing a blank on where to look.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Google consignment stores in your area. Most of them are women's clothes, accessories, and jewelry. None of mine here has another other than that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread