Help with a stoneware thingamajig.

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

I was wandering around Goodwill, and spotted this strange little handmade/painted stoneware object. I liked the colors and because of its off shape, I kind of thought maybe it was a pocket watch stand? But after looking I can't find anything like it.

So, any one want to weigh in? Best/funniest guess wins! I'd love to know the age and origin, or any reference you can point me to!

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437571955.354381.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437571975.369625.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437571997.787019.jpg

Last edited:

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the attachments arent working but as a guess without pictures they make marble cellphone stands.

Hey everyone!

I was wandering around Goodwill, and spotted this strange little handmade/painted stoneware object. I liked the colors and because of its off shape, I kind of thought maybe it was a pocket watch stand? But after looking I can't find anything like it.

So, any one want to weigh in? Best/funniest guess wins! I'd love to know the age and origin, or any reference you can point me to!

Thanks!

View attachment 1190461 View attachment 1190462 View attachment 1190463

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DD,

I think I fixed the photo error? I don't think it's for cell phones, because it's round and kind of small! Any other guesses?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You stumped me! And I am in pottery country.

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks anyway JimDon! I'd totally trade this strange wonder for that Todtleben! Ha! 2screwed, maybe? I'm outta guesses here! Anyone know of anybody in the forum I could ask that knows pottery and/or random facts?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Diggummup. It is also signed with a letter 'F'

IMG_8608.JPG

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about 100% sure now that your first guess is correct. It is a pocket watch stand.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After spending way too much time on this Objet d'art,:notworthy: I have come to the conclusion that it is exactly what you want it to be, nothing more, nothing less. A pocket watch display stand sounds good to me. I'm tapping out.

OP
OP
iloveshinythings

iloveshinythings

May 30, 2015
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frisco, I just spit out my soda. Hahaha. Thanks Diggummup for all the help and trying!

Some mysteries aren't supposed to be solved, I guess.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really not sure what it is, but thinking outside the box, holding it cone side up it can be used as a funnel for salad dressing, sauces wine etc. I guess the inscribed F initial gave me the idea.

Or something like this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_bird

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread