May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped my daughter at dance class and had 90 minutes to kill. Hit a Salvation Army and found this in the $0.99 jewelry basket. A 14kt gold Italy cameo. Doesn't seem old but a decent piece.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444262091.854838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444262115.316036.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I guess it looks fake with the back of it looking green like that? Very good score for a dollar I would say! I got one yesterday as well but it is a pendant 10K. Mine was $15 dollars though, looks like you are way ahead!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444262854.162227.jpg

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
damn i tell u all those ppl that work there around here steal or buy it before it hits the shevles and when they do sell the gold its 3x spot and the silver is 10-15x spot! but great find im jealous!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I guess it looks fake with the back of it looking green like that? Very good score for a dollar I would say! I got one yesterday as well but it is a pendant 10K. Mine was $15 dollars though, looks like you are way ahead!

View attachment 1220337

Actually the gold color is perfect. It's just the lighting. I knew it was real immediately from the beautiful color, craftsmanship of the beading and the hinge loop. Your find is great. It looks much older than mine. Still at $15 it's a great buy.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn i tell u all those ppl that work there around here steal or buy it before it hits the shevles and when they do sell the gold its 3x spot and the silver is 10-15x spot! but great find im jealous!

You just have to find the ones that are not gleaned by the employees. Of the five Goodwells I go to three of them never have anything and are probably picked clean. One in particular in the wealthiest neighborhood interestingly has zero Jewelry. You know those rich folks are donating jewelry so someone in the back seems to be hoarding it. Ultimately you have to get lucky and know your stuff. None of the silver spoons or silver I found yesterday had traditional sterling marks. They just got sloppy

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how many weeks / days of dance class will it pay for? My daughter wants to go to dance class and I believe it was $60 for three sessions 1 hr at a time. It's just so far from home.. An hour each way with traffic... No thrift stores near by. We went to the free trial class, I like to talk to people. However every single woman in that room was staring at their cell phone while their daughter was dancing.... boring!

I feel like I need to try to talk someone into selling something to me when I'm sitting in a room full of people[emoji6]

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim....all that green on the reverse.....screams fake.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

Same here. I don't even go to those stores anymore.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cameo(s)! Is it real shell carved? The hand carved cameos are one of a kind mini pieces of art in my eye. I'm sure the lighting is making it look "green" in the photo.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how many weeks / days of dance class will it pay for? My daughter wants to go to dance class and I believe it was $60 for three sessions 1 hr at a time. It's just so far from home.. An hour each way with traffic... No thrift stores near by. We went to the free trial class, I like to talk to people. However every single woman in that room was staring at their cell phone while their daughter was dancing.... boring!

I feel like I need to try to talk someone into selling something to me when I'm sitting in a room full of people[emoji6]

I went to one dance studio one time and there was a gold buying desk there which was scheduled in advance. I was amazed at how much gold and silver was brought in to be sold. Might be something to consider especially around the time the dance fees are due.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds for both JD and BK!! I once found a 14k gold cameo at our local dump! We have what the town calls a " Take it Leave it" shed and I found it there. My wife and I call it the " gift shop"!! [emoji3]. Many a great find there over the years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions