Blast from the past yard sale find. Must read!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought these darts maybe a year ago. Put them on eBay and got flagged instantly. OK so they have been recalled. You're not allowed to sell them. I get that... Read the stories.... They are dangerous...

But y'all hear stories about that. As to why they are so dangerous and almost every toy or a lot of toys have some type of reason right!

My son wants to play he's eight years old. He is very strong for his age and he is very goofy as well. Probably a bad combination for the story. He picks one up and makes like a goofy from Disney type of laugh and looks at it. He has to throw it the length of the minivan to get it into the circle. The boy has to throw the thing 8 feet to make it into the circle straight ahead of him on the ground..... 8 FEET!!!! 8!!! 8 F E E T

What does he do... he throws it as hard as he can in the thing lands on the roof! On the ROOF on the HOUSE!! Here are some photos of this...

(this was before dark. We were having a neighborhood campfire but I'm the only one who stays up past 1030 so I'm making this post while I'm watching the campfire to make sure it is not an uncontrolled burn)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448597200.067589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448597236.051468.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448597262.329899.jpg

So I got the extension ladder and made him go up on the roof at eight years old and get the dart down. My nosy neighbor came out and told me it was not right to have my child go up on the ladder. If only the neighbor knew we were playing with dangerous toys!!!

Smh. Had a great Thanksgiving even though I'm the last of the Mohicans out here!
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving too!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448597459.945822.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao!! That is hilarious! I remember those well too. It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye!! [emoji12]. A great story to remember! But what ever you do, don't let him drink from a garden hose!! Look what it did to all of us!! 🤓.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
You are an awful parent Beachkid! What will you next? Let him have a pocket knife? Buy him a bb gun? Let him ride a bike without a helmet? Walk one block to school alone! I'm so ashamed! You are trying to let that kid be responsible and enjoy life the way its meant to be! That is totally against today's norms! Now you go back and sit that kid in front of a tv and let him play video games all day! Great story! He will have a great Thanksgiving memory!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool Toys !it says Fun for the Whole family :o
how can they possibly Knock that :o
I Eyeball found one of the Yellow Parts of one once.
No dart with it Though :(.

is that a stick of Dynamite on the Fire ? :tongue3:

Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an awful parent Beachkid! What will you next? Let him have a pocket knife? Buy him a bb gun? Let him ride a bike without a helmet? Walk one block to school alone! I'm so ashamed! You are trying to let that kid be responsible and enjoy life the way its meant to be! That is totally against today's norms! Now you go back and sit that kid in front of a tv and let him play video games all day! Great story! He will have a great Thanksgiving memory!

" You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!" [emoji12]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread