May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My lunch run to the TS was successful. Nothing makes my day more than walking in and seeing the Spoon basket out and full. Lots of junk but I did squeak out this Chinese Export hall marked spoon. $0.33 and Solid weight too. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455041939.108512.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455041948.696367.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455041948.696367.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh very good find grasshopper!! Confucius say: "one who finds silver at lunch, prosper long time!" [emoji51] great job!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33 cents... heh

talk about a bargain.

Oh wait ... was that with or without tax ?

:P

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33 cents... heh

talk about a bargain.

Oh wait ... was that with or without tax ?

:P

You got me! tax added another 3 cents

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
China silver sells over spot. I picked up a little like silver card dish for 3 bucks that had marks I couldn't read, but a buyer in China bid it up to $88.00. It was maybe worth 6 bucks in scrap silver. I found these spoons in an antique shop. They still are a mystery on how old they are and a Chinese member on TN still couldn't pinpoint what the marks mean. I do know they are all silver and plated with rhodium, which may have been done after they were exported to Europe as they look like they were made in a style for the European market. I have an English piece with a date mark in the 1860's that is also Rhodium plate. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/452846-silver-spoons-asian-marks-japanese-chinese.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
China silver sells over spot. I picked up a little like silver card dish for 3 bucks that had marks I couldn't read, but a buyer in China bid it up to $88.00. It was maybe worth 6 bucks in scrap silver. I found these spoons in an antique shop. They still are a mystery on how old they are and a Chinese member on TN still couldn't pinpoint what the marks mean. I do know they are all silver and plated with rhodium, which may have been done after they were exported to Europe as they look like they were made in a style for the European market. I have an English piece with a date mark in the 1860's that is also Rhodium plate. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/452846-silver-spoons-asian-marks-japanese-chinese.html

Thank you for your comments. Those spoons you found are really nice. You did well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread