Crossfire Wheelchair

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I picked up this wheelchair at the Goodwill on Monday. When I first saw it I realized the wheels were different so I looked them up on eBay. When I saw what they were selling for I bought the chair. Now I've got to figure out how to ship. It's fairly light but large enough (even folded) that it is in the oversize category which is expensive.

7265.JPG 7266.JPG 7270.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool. I think I would try local pick up. Of course I live in an area where there's hundreds of thousands of old people retiring here but I would definitely try local pick up first. I would've never even looked at that.

Did this one time with an aquarium and had a guy come from Jacksonville to Fort Myers in a pick up truck that was too small to put the tank in. So he had to go all the way back and get a bigger truck and come down and pick up the tank. Which was crazy he knew he was buying a 800 gallon aquarium before he even came!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless the chair fits ,seat height,depth, back height, width, a buyer may only want the wheels and tires. Yours may be 24 inch?
Some adjustments likely exist but width is not adjustable to my knowledge.
If selling the wheels just push the button on the axles and pull outward.
If you feel it's taking to long to sell the chair maybe look into parting it out.
Caster bearings /adjustment are early signs of age when they get a wobble to them.
A potential buyer will want to know if the tires are filled or only pneumatic. (If originally foam or other filler used ,there usually will not be a valve stem in the wheel.)
The rear handles,foot rest , back rest and maybe more pieces can be removed for a more compact package to ship in.
From the picture it looks half decent . The hand rails are chewed up but the carbon fiber spokes may interest a buyer enough...
One problem in chair sales is it must fit the buyer. Unless a confirmation through a medical or similar group confirms proper fitment ,insurance won't be interested and likely won't be a part of any used purchases.
For a private buyer looking for a beater chair, or some one uninsured ,that's your market. Around a hundred bucks to very much more required after purchase for a proper cushion,(unless the buyer has one from another chair still usable)again user specific, so not a big drawback to the purchaser that yours lacks one.

Last edited:

Jameshatton

Jul 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the wheelchair wheels looks really heavy, so it might be consuming high weight for shipping. You can try out parting the chair parts if you think it's taking too long to sell the chair. A few days ago, my dad also discussed about shipping the wheelchair, which he had bought for granny . The site didn't take any extra shipping charges and they delivered the wheelchair on the same date they mentioned while processing the Order for wheelchair.

Last edited by a moderator:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty slick looking wheelchair. How much did Goodwill want for it ?

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Pretty slick looking wheelchair. How much did Goodwill want for it ?

Even though it's been a while (I haven't checked my records) I'm reasonably certain I paid $39.95. I gave the chair part back to Goodwill in one of my "make more room" binges when I realized I wasn't willing to deal with shipping. I still have the wheels & expect them to sell in the $100 neighborhood......if I ever get around to listing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread