Gun Experts! Remington Rifle Stock. What model is it?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up this morning at our local Salvation Army. 3.99. Any idea what it is? Its made of a very light weight plastic type compound with a recoil pad on the back. Thanks in advance

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0767.JPG

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ammoman!! Looks like a synthetic replacement stock for a Model 700!! Probably 280 or 30-06 caliber just guessing from the photo!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Verde. I figured someone would have a clue. Now i have someplace to start.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAY! found it on Ebay...its a 770. Again, thanks for sending me in the right direction. Does anyone know how to tell if this fits a 243 or 30-06 or if it fits both?

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Mag well measurements will tell you that. Yours is a 30'06. You got it at a good price for sure, You could always part one together or sell it for 20 or 30 bucks for a fast turn around.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mag well measurements will tell you that. Yours is a 30'06. You got it at a good price for sure, You could always part one together or sell it for 20 or 30 bucks for a fast turn around.

Cool...by my name you would think i should know small arms but i don't. Bombs and Missiles were my AFSC in the Air force.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool...by my name you would think i should know small arms but i don't. Bombs and Missiles were my AFSC in the Air force.

Munitions are just the life blood of everything we point and fire. You can know a great deal about one or the other an squat about the other. When I was in I sometimes would head down to the AHA my self to grab some stuff and those Munitions guys where always bugging us about coming out to our range days. We took care of them, and in return when they had tons of stuff that was going bad they took care of us by calling us. Now I am at Interpol and it is pretty much the same thing. They always want to come play with us, and not that safely stand still crap pointing your weapon down range. They want to play in the houses, see and feel a little of how it feels wen live is going all directions. In return they call us when they get in some new cool stuff.

A few year ago they had roughly 50,000 rounds of Simunitions from a lot number that was recalled. Our agency is not going to ship that back to the US; heck Simunitions would want that anyway. So we had a very long fun weekend, everyone went home with Simpox after that. It was funny because those guys showed up looking and dressed all tactical, stuff I would not ever wear, while all of us just wore T-shirts, pants and safety glasses. Only took about an hour in the mock towns and a couple thousand rounds later for those boys to peal off all that stuff.

The following weekend the manager called me and said that he had some field approved frangible Five Seven rounds for me and my Team. That was great because the Five Seven has some major over penetration issues and it is always a fear in the back of our minds. We went and trained for a weekend with the rounds in the fire house, a building we have that can be set on fire while we do our training. dude frang ammo on cement walls is a bad idea. We all had some bad pox after that. It was too funny, we stacked up on our first go around, busted through and nailed 7 targets, We stopped right there and walked out to adjust our gear. But thats why you train, at least we know what to expect now.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would build a 770 for cheap, all parted out cheap over time. Then take that stock and do something really not practical for anything at all. Build some crazy looking Google Gucci gun that operators would laugh at and airsoft folks would dream about. Then take it to a gun show and find that one tard who has more money than weaponry sense and allow their imagination to spend that money.

But thats me, I have more weapons than there are words in the Bill of Rights.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would build a 770 for cheap, all parted out cheap over time. Then take that stock and do something really not practical for anything at all. Build some crazy looking Google Gucci gun that operators would laugh at and airsoft folks would dream about. Then take it to a gun show and find that one tard who has more money than weaponry sense and allow their imagination to spend that money.

But thats me, I have more weapons than there are words in the Bill of Rights.

LOL...im just gonna flip it. Maybe put it on E-bay with a price that covers shipping and see what happens.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Ammo, my bird was the A-10, blood sweat and tears into it, loved that bird while I was in the AF. Man it could carry a lot of ordinance and it sure knew how to use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions