May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this red white and blue beauty at the local thrift store the other day. Being it is a 1970 Bulova Acutron electronic watch I took a chance on it that it was running. I was able to source a 344 battery and popped it in and boy it runs beautifully. A quick Crystal polish in the new band and she is groovy attractive! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469188401.879057.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469188412.014002.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469188471.112026.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice watch for daily use. :thumbsup:

I haven't worn a watch in nearly 20 years...otherwise I'd be making you an offer! :occasion14:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
That IS a beauty! I've picked up a few Tuning forks myself in the last year. They sell well and that humming is pretty cool. I have two ladies versions I need to list as well as a men's sitting around somewhere waiting for a battery and a listing! How did you polish the crystal! It looks great!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That reminds me - while in Basic Training at Lackland, I had purchased a new watch (I think it's Bulova) at the Base Exchange to wear for special occasions. On the last night before leaving, I tucked it in my pillow; safely under my head. Until......!!

Without warning, a wild pillow fight erupted in the darkness. Suddenly someone yanked the pillow from under my head and threw it across the room. I heard the watch hit. Cracked the bezel. I think I remember crying then. Never did get the watch fixed, but still have it today - and still only worn for about 2 hours total. The box and papers still there, along with the receipt. Got it on clearance back then for $80-something before tax.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me - while in Basic Training at Lackland, I had purchased a new watch (I think it's Bulova) at the Base Exchange to wear for special occasions. On the last night before leaving, I tucked it in my pillow; safely under my head. Until......!!

Without warning, a wild pillow fight erupted in the darkness. Suddenly someone yanked the pillow from under my head and threw it across the room. I heard the watch hit. Cracked the bezel. I think I remember crying then. Never did get the watch fixed, but still have it today - and still only worn for about 2 hours total. The box and papers still there, along with the receipt. Got it on clearance back then for $80-something before tax.

Bummer!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I put a new Crystal in for $20 and put a new band on temporarily until I get the black and red Ducati stripe NATO strap that I ordered. I think this is going to make an awesome combination and yes I am keeping the watch! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469274500.604902.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469274514.987562.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Have been thinking about this all night. The more I think, the more it seems like it was a Citizen watch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black dials are for the most valued higher. That a real nice one. I've only one good running Accutron in my collection. It's a 214 and I keep the battery out of it.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black dials are for the most valued higher. That a real nice one. I've only one good running Accutron in my collection. It's a 214 and I keep the battery out of it.

They are my favorites. Here is another black dial from my collection.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469399207.445351.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a watch just like this but I think it's called up down date day? Same brand. I couldnt get it to work so I just left it.

Bulova accutron

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a watch just like this but I think it's called up down date day? Same brand. I couldnt get it to work so I just left it.

Bulova accutron

Accutrons are always battery operated watches. You would probably need to get a new battery to see if it worked. Note that some Acutron's don't have a crown but have a fold out key on the back of the case to set the time.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accutrons are always battery operated watches. You would probably need to get a new battery to see if it worked. Note that some Acutron's don't have a crown but have a fold out key on the back of the case to set the time.

Crap! I thought it was an automatic. I know where I'll be at 9 AM tomorrow morning. It was a nice watch too same color as the one posted in the beginning of the thread black and red.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's s 214 the early models. Yours is a 218, but you probably knew that. Nice looking chronograph.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all very much for the help!! I paid $50 and took it to my watch guy. Works great! He said it was 1969. I want to get the band replaced as well.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469640893.791910.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
It's because of TNET that I have several hundred watches sitting around in various places around my house! Before I came across you addicts, I had 8-9 Fossil and Guess watches because it's all I could afford. Now I've got too many $50-$100 watches piled up! And whenever I see a jar of watches at Goodwill...it goes home with me! Accutrons are awesome. Nothing like that hum.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all very much for the help!! I paid $50 and took it to my watch guy. Works great! He said it was 1969. I want to get the band replaced as well.

View attachment 1340801

Nice watch. What confuses me is position of the logo and the two Accutron names on the watch dial. Am I seeing things.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch. What confuses me is position of the logo and the two Accutron names on the watch dial. Am I seeing things.

Should I start my own thread because I don't want to hijack this one? The white one is on the glass on the inside of it. The other Acutron is on the dial.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. You really got a great watch there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread