tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your probably thinking a Timex at a thrift store ain't no BIG Whoop!, but this one is particularly nice and in fact it's a NOS with box and all. If you look at the crown you will see the stop to hold the battery at bay is still in it keeping it fresh. At first I thought the band was worn out looking, but it is a purposely distressed design to give it an out of the box vintage look. It's not a real killer in the way of a TS wristwatch finds, but just a nice looking stainless steel case, military looking new wristwatch for only $14.09. Last winter I sold a 1960 almost nos Timex I got for $3.95 to a Timex collector for $41.00 and the buyers pos. feedback read "Amazing watch, almost NOS. Best watch in my collection. Highly recommend vendor". Also I've been stricken with a slight case of TS Timepiece's hoarding disorder. I haven't been able to stop buying any TS timepiece I know is worth more then they priced it.:icon_pale: I'll get to unloading some here soon on ebay after school returns and yard sale season starts to winding down and come to turms with this tick-tock issue.

Attachments

• timex 1.jpg
    timex 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 265
  • timex 2.jpg
    timex 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 242
  • timex 3.jpg
    timex 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
  • timex 4.jpg
    timex 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 280

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a fresh batt may be a good idea,, great find

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a few I would like to get my hands on!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post more pictures of that LED watch? Is it a Pulsar? Been needing a working LED watch, also could you post more of the Accutron?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post more pictures of that LED watch? Is it a Pulsar? Been needing a working LED watch, also could you post more of the Accutron?
The LED is not a Pulsar and I can't remember what it is? I did find two batteries that were to thick for the back to go back on, but they did tell me it does work. I just need two thinner batteries for it. Also sent you a PM.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found another NOS Timex at this same Goodwill. This one was priced at $7.99. I'm thinking some retail store called def salv is donating some deadstock to the Goodwill. I've never heard of a def salv store?

Attachments

• IMG_20160915_091432.jpg
    IMG_20160915_091432.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20160915_091648.jpg
    IMG_20160915_091648.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175

slikriktn1

Aug 26, 2014
Nesbit,Ms
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Model 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fromwhat i have read the Def/SALV is a sticker retail stores like Walmart, Target, etc use for damaged merchandise or packaging.. It means Defective/Salvage.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, that is Target's salvage sticker for merchandise they are donating. Larger items will have ( on the box) a large green sticker that says " Defective ". My very first Goodwill/Target purchase had the sticker on a Shabby Chic dresser in the box. Paid $19.99 for it, put it together and there was nothing wrong with it. Bought it for my daughter when she was about 1 years old. She's still using it and she's 13 now. I learned then that the stickers usually meant nothing bad!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure like the Timex watch, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is Target's salvage sticker for merchandise they are donating. Larger items will have ( on the box) a large green sticker that says " Defective ". My very first Goodwill/Target purchase had the sticker on a Shabby Chic dresser in the box. Paid $19.99 for it, put it together and there was nothing wrong with it. Bought it for my daughter when she was about 1 years old. She's still using it and she's 13 now. I learned then that the stickers usually meant nothing bad!
the only thing I think of being a question about this 2nd watch is there's no display mount or papers with it like the one I found previously. I just put it away in my thrift store watch collection.

33Lincoln

Apr 1, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DEF SALV is the sticker Target puts on items that are no longer being stocked. Usually has to do with return products, but could also might be the same with shelf pulls..

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread