May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my usual thrift store today and they had quite a few Sterling rings for sale. There were several gold colored ones including this one for $4. The others were cheap 925 rings but this one looked different. I could see the mark and what I thought was a K so I took a chance. Turns out it is marked 14K. This is the second time I plucked gold out but at least the other one was white gold. This made no sense. I also picked up unused David Clark H10-40 pilot headsets for $15 with the original box and papers. Easily $100+ flip! The funny thing is as I was leaving the lady at the shop said an earlier customer said we should have check the price on this on eBay as he felt it was low. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471970243.137016.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472056271.433861.jpg

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! Sure makes you wonder how that one slipped through.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We purchased two sets of David Clark headsets at an auction. I contacted the David Clark co and asked how I could test them to see if they worked (since I wasn't a pilot and do not have an airplane). They said if I shipped the sets to them they would go through and thoroughly test them for free. I did. They shipped them back to me in boxes that had their name on them. The shipping cost was worth it because they sold quick and for good money (I don't remember how much-around $300-$400 pair). Nice score on the ring too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a pair of 18k white gold earrings last month in a ARC TS. They were marked very small on the prong .750 ... $5.49 or about's was the price as they deemed them as silver is my guess. I took them the same day to the local coin shop for a quick flip. They were a gram each.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We purchased two sets of David Clark headsets at an auction. I contacted the David Clark co and asked how I could test them to see if they worked (since I wasn't a pilot and do not have an airplane). They said if I shipped the sets to them they would go through and thoroughly test them for free. I did. They shipped them back to me in boxes that had their name on them. The shipping cost was worth it because they sold quick and for good money (I don't remember how much-around $300-$400 pair). Nice score on the ring too.

I got a buy it now offer of $159.95 and I took it. I might have held out for more but a quick flip is always good.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great flip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread