Rude employees ~I buy too much!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What should I do in this situation? The daycare where my daughter goes to is right next-door to this one thrift store. I know jewelry is put out on usually Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I get along really well with manager and most of the employees there, however there are two guys working there who are so rude to me every time I go. I don't know if it's because I buy jewelry and they think it's hysterical, but the one guy told me today he's tired of seeing me so many days a week, they act bothered like they don't want to help me at the jewelry counter. He thinks it's ridiculous that I buy everything that's good and save nothing for anybody else. Granted I go there at 4:30 in the afternoon a half hour before they close right before I pick up my daughter so it's not like I'm there when they first put the jewelry out, it sits there all day long!!

I went today at 2:30 and bought 4 watches and a bag of jewelry. The one guy was upset because he did not even get a chance to look in the bag to see what was in there. and he was hoping it would sit there until next payday so he could buy it!!! It is a national chain store so people come and go all the time. I'm just so tired of dealing with these two every time I go. I try to be nice to them and be respectful. But it's getting old... Basically to sum it up they are rude, it's like they pretty much laugh at me when I come in there, along with one of the other cashier girls. They treat me like I'm an idiot and I hate it. And they're also new. Should I just go talk to upper management? Or just ignore it? Thanks.

Here are the watches btw...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474753567.246582.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474753591.513910.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474753621.779789.jpg

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
I'd have a discussion w/ the manager about rude employees who are running off customers. If they're rude w/ you they are w/ others & don't appreciate their jobs. If the manager doesn't correct the situation he needs replacement also & being chain store he will if this continues.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They treat you this way because its a second hand store and think you must be one of them deplorables.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not talk to the manager, I would ask them if they have a problem with you as a customer. I did this once to a GW employee, I looked him in the eyes and asked "Do you have a problem with me spending my money here"? they changed their attitude. Your experience may differ.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
This^. You want them to get fired or quit either. Then they'd be your competition for the jewelry.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much! The one guy even makes it known if I don't go out of my way and say hi to him. How come you didn't come up and say hi to me? You don't like me? And I'm like ok, HI!! Maybe he's gay.. If he demands me to say hi to him every single time! I seem to have this happen on more then one occasion. Sadly[emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the end of the day, who's the one really laughing?? You my friend! All the way to the freakin bank!! I would say to them, " with me spending my money here, I'm keeping you clowns gainfully employed! So leave me the f&@$ alone!" ☠ Sorry, I hate rude people!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invest in a body cam.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have a discussion w/ the manager about rude employees who are running off customers. If they're rude w/ you they are w/ others & don't appreciate their jobs. If the manager doesn't correct the situation he needs replacement also & being chain store he will if this continues.

I am in agreement here. I have adult let them know that they are trying to buy for themselves.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No, you're used to dealing with them.

You can only harm yourself by making this an issue.

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would laugh in their faces. Bring in some gold and claim it was in a bag for 5$ and mock them.....of course that would stir the $#!+ pot....but that's how I like to handle things! Lol

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would laugh in their faces. Bring in some gold and claim it was in a bag for 5$ and mock them.....of course that would stir the $#!+ pot....but that's how I like to handle things! Lol

Funny, it is in the bag for $5. 2.8 gram. And 30 g .925. The other bag was $150, had 380 g 925 and 10g 14k. I understand y they want to buy it. But thats not my call! They need to talk to the boss.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in agreement here. I have adult let them know that they are trying to buy for themselves.

Sounds like they are just jealous that you get to buy it and they don't.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess so. The manager has asked me to work for them, I won't do it because I know what I would be giving up for a paycheck.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess so. The manager has asked me to work for them, I won't do it because I know what I would be giving up for a paycheck.

And they require you to work every Saturday and Sunday. Unless you scheduled to weeks in advance. I'm definitely not giving up Saturday mornings for nine dollars an hour there's no way.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many employees I bump into at thrift stores are borderline special-needs individuals. Just play their game. Say hi to the guy who demands you say hi to him as soon as you set foot in the store. Ask him if he's having a smooth day, and quickly move on. The guy at the jewelry counter? Laugh him off, don't get flustered, at all. SHOW NO WEAKNESS. hahah. "Yeah, you know me, addicted to the shiny stuff. I don't think you'll ever be rid of your #1 customer!"

Also, if an employee tells me that she really liked a particular piece, I'll often bring it back for her and stealthily drop it in her hand. That gesture goes quite a long way.

You're the customer, you make the rules and you play your game. Keep it up.

Nice watches.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to their store one time a couple weeks ago and dropped off a pizza, we had a gift card and I bought 3 pizzas, I was headed back to my house and said hey I bet they could have this for lunch so I dropped it off at about 1130, I got a call from the manager on Monday the guy that the demands me to say hi to him was not very happy that I dropped off a pizza. I thought what the hell! just shut up and eat it!! He said something about it was too fattening and it offended him since he was on a diet. He wasn't able to eat that but he had to suffer while other people did. Everyone else was nice to me about it but this guy had to be a turd. I just don't understand... And it was no little Caesars pizza it was a Chicago pizza that sucker without the gift card would've been like $27. I guess it goes to show you that you can't make everybody happy no matter what you do...

With that said I will go in there on Thursday and say hi to him. Maybe a wink too and see if he says anything. [emoji38]. Jk.

On another note i went to a different thrift store and there was a guy working and he was really upset because he wasn't allowed to buy a shirt that came in. I guess it had something to do with his squad or something he was in the army, and he explained that to them and they told him no it was not a day he could buy. So he show me what shirt it was and I bought it for him, met him at the grocery store after work. I gave it to him and told him he did not have to pay me back, that he did enough, more than I could ever do and that the shirt was not nearly enough to thank him for everything since he was in the army. Which made him cry and me too. Now whenever I go to that store he's like first to help me over anyone else. Which is not why I did it but something simple can make somebody very happy , So you are right about buying the employees something once in a while.

I'm not gonna sweat it though, like you all sad. At the end of the day we have different lifestyles and maybe he really hates his job. Which I don't blame him. Just some people are dealt different cards and handle it differently. If he continues to be a turd though I think I will ask him straight out what's up! End of rant.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You buying a pizza for the store staff is quite the gesture. As far as the guy who demands you to say Hi to him every time, I have encountered some "Eeyores" over the years through all walks of life. Some people are just never happy. He sure sounds like that type to me.

76a1c86f66c6ac1299274b21ee3a858e.jpg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe the pizza nazi is a store manager. He sounds like a true azz-clown. "how dare you do a nice thing while I'm on a diet" holy geez get over yourself buddy. How do you even survive?

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to their store one time a couple weeks ago and dropped off a pizza, we had a gift card and I bought 3 pizzas, I was headed back to my house and said hey I bet they could have this for lunch so I dropped it off at about 1130, I got a call from the manager on Monday the guy that the demands me to say hi to him was not very happy that I dropped off a pizza. I thought what the hell! just shut up and eat it!! He said something about it was too fattening and it offended him since he was on a diet. He wasn't able to eat that but he had to suffer while other people did. Everyone else was nice to me about it but this guy had to be a turd. I just don't understand... And it was no little Caesars pizza it was a Chicago pizza that sucker without the gift card would've been like $27. I guess it goes to show you that you can't make everybody happy no matter what you do...

With that said I will go in there on Thursday and say hi to him. Maybe a wink too and see if he says anything. [emoji38]. Jk.

On another note i went to a different thrift store and there was a guy working and he was really upset because he wasn't allowed to buy a shirt that came in. I guess it had something to do with his squad or something he was in the army, and he explained that to them and they told him no it was not a day he could buy. So he show me what shirt it was and I bought it for him, met him at the grocery store after work. I gave it to him and told him he did not have to pay me back, that he did enough, more than I could ever do and that the shirt was not nearly enough to thank him for everything since he was in the army. Which made him cry and me too. Now whenever I go to that store he's like first to help me over anyone else. Which is not why I did it but something simple can make somebody very happy , So you are right about buying the employees something once in a while.

I'm not gonna sweat it though, like you all sad. At the end of the day we have different lifestyles and maybe he really hates his job. Which I don't blame him. Just some people are dealt different cards and handle it differently. If he continues to be a turd though I think I will ask him straight out what's up! End of rant.

Make sure to drop off some cookies and cake next time you go. I would really mess with this guy now. Kill him with extra calorie kindness!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread