Gold over sterling earrings $14 each

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad price for gold over silver. I wonder if the manager was concerned when I bought 8 pairs. Reason being they were all marked 14k. All but 3 pairs which I left. 18.5 grams for $121. One pair was $4.99!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475096689.608418.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Going back to your post about rude workers (if this is the same store), if they consider how long those earrings might SIT there without you coming in and spending your perfectly-good money there.

Great buy! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back to your post about rude workers (if this is the same store), if they consider how long those earrings might SIT there without you coming in and spending your perfectly-good money there.

Great buy! :thumbsup:

No, this is a different consignment store. The owners run a business here for 20 years and this is her second location. I really need to make a trip out to the other store. I have scored gold at this store every time I've gone for $15 and under.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold over silver ?
What does this mean ?

Do you mean gold plated silver ?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a bad price for gold over silver. I wonder if the manager was concerned when I bought 8 pairs. Reason being they were all marked 14k. All but 3 pairs which I left. 18.5 grams for $121. One pair was $4.99!

View attachment 1364530

This is a very confusing post. Gold over silver? 18.5 grams of silver for $121 is a good deal?

Also, why would the manager be concerned that you bought items for sale at their store at their asking price?

Please clarify.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were in a box and on the box was written sterling silver earrings with gold overlay. So I pulled out a loop and looked at them, three pairs remark 9 to 5 and the rest of them are marked 14 K. Meaning they were not gold over silver there just straight gold.

She had them or someone marked them thinking that they were all gold plated sterling. That's why I was a little worried when buying eight of them and leaving three that she might question why is he getting so many and not all of them. But it went smooth and I got 18 g of 14 K that they marked Sterling with gold overlay.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
They were in a box and on the box was written sterling silver earrings with gold overlay. So I pulled out a loop and looked at them, three pairs remark 9 to 5 and the rest of them are marked 14 K. Meaning they were not gold over silver there just straight gold.

She had them or someone marked them thinking that they were all gold plated sterling. That's why I was a little worried when buying eight of them and leaving three that she might question why is he getting so many and not all of them. But it went smooth and I got 18 g of 14 K that they marked Sterling with gold overlay.
clear as mud now..

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How they miss this stuff I'll never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread