May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my usual thrift store and spied these butter dishes on the silver plated rack. They had been there for one week and I guess everyone checked the back and didn't see any marks. They looked too good so I did a hard search and eventually found the Sterling mark near the edge under the lip. 3.22 ozt. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448406.353541.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448417.773628.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448428.861221.jpg I then headed over to the jewelry and pick this chunky sterling bracelet for four dollars. It weighs 1 Troy ounce. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448475.527525.jpg and then swing by ring counter in the case and after searching through a few trays found this interesting ring which appears to be vintage. It has initials on the inside so it does appear to be a class ring. Any help with this one would be appreciated. It was one dollar and is Sterling. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448552.257726.jpg I almost forgot I also picked up this Pierpoint mug for five bucks. It is in excellent condition and quite beautiful. Hoping I can turn a quick profit on that. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477448597.085470.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that ring. Could it be a ring that a guy had made for his sweetheart, or vice versa, and the 'L' is her initial and the 'C' is his? I picture it like proof that 'Louise' and 'Carl' are going together, so every other fella and gal better back off.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great scores!! I personally like the mug. Well done!!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that ring. Could it be a ring that a guy had made for his sweetheart, or vice versa, and the 'L' is her initial and the 'C' is his? I picture it like proof that 'Louise' and 'Carl' are going together, so every other fella and gal better back off.

I think you nailed it. This could be a homemade ring for a couple. Thank you.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last summer I got on a roll as I was finding big silver items for a song in every other place I hit. That's since then ended it seems :( , but I keep looking. It's funny how that steak of luck comes and goes? I've noticed this is the case with some of you folks also. One day your posting, I ain't finding nothing and 3 months later your hitting it like there's no end to the treasures your coming across. Treasure hunting it is, are like the words to this song by an iconic American entertainer imo.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock I know exactly what you're saying. Although overall the last three months have been incredible for me and I'm not ready for it to end just yet. Highlights include a 1 lb Peruvian coin silver box, loaded James Avery charm bracelet for 4.99 (bucket list item right there) and, last week, another bucket list item, a solid gold charm bracelet (14k & 18k, 36g, paid $8 ) :headbang:

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock I know exactly what you're saying. Although overall the last three months have been incredible for me and I'm not ready for it to end just yet. Highlights include a 1 lb Peruvian coin silver box, loaded James Avery charm bracelet for 4.99 (bucket list item right there) and, last week, another bucket list item, a solid gold charm bracelet (14k & 18k, 36g, paid $8 ) :headbang:

Kali did you post the gold bracelet? I don't recall seeing it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice silver score!

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice finds!

I used to check estate sales/garage sales looking for good deals on silver but I've never been able to get any below spot.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds!

I used to check estate sales/garage sales looking for good deals on silver but I've never been able to get any below spot.

Go to them all and start learning the habits (good and bad) of the estate sale companies. Find the weakest link then go to everyone of there sales. In my area I have three that consistently Miss things so I go to there sales first then loop to the others. I have one that discounts silver 50% on day two so you know I try to be first in line there.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd already been weak-in-the-knees for just finding the first half of what you found! Way to Go.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread