Thrift store sterling + surprise

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at this thrift store I can't stand. It's so overpriced but I knew I had a $25 credit so I thought I would go check it out. My expectations were very low. I did manage to find a sterling silver cup 127 g for $40. Ended up paying after the credit $15.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544172.856248.jpg

They had sterling ring for $45. Sterling necklaces and earrings from anywhere of $30 to 100. A Silpada necklace for $150. I was blown away with the prices.

Now for the surprise. I came home and decided it was nice outside so I would clean out my van. Opened up this one door inside of it that sinks into the floor... There was a sterling silver bowl in there. 195 g. I was
shocked!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544363.756106.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544399.350565.jpg

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guess I am a bit confused, it looks like the prices at the store are based on spot/salvage, so you paid $40 for something worth about $40...

you cleaned out your van and found a large bowl by the door...(in there)

not sure what this is all adding up to, but its not painting a pretty picture in my mind! :dontknow:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those prices are stupid crazy!! That's like retail or retail + at a shop! Good buy on the cup though. I would have done the same thing.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you got the bowl months (or years) earlier and forgot about it? Or it came with the car? haha

I never write a thrift store off, but... I might change my rulebook for that store. Horrendous!!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cup was in there for $90 at the thrift store. They eventually marked down to 40. And I bought it since I had a credit of $25. It's a high end thrift store in a not so high end part of town. Reed and Barton sterling snowflake ornament was $75. It's hard to list it all out. But it's super expensive.
This was $45.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477568996.732763.jpg

The bowl I bought six months ago out of town and I have a compartment in my van under the floor. When I opened it the bowl was sitting in there. I had completely forgotten about it.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bowl I bought six months ago out of town and I have a compartment in my van under the floor. When I opened it the bowl was sitting in there. I had completely forgotten about it.

I love it!! It's like a treasure hunt all over again when that happens!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome looking couple I imagine you could probably sell it for a tidy profit. as for forgetting a large Sterling bowl.... how is that possible? Are you buying that much great stuff that you can miss it? Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread