goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close to closing time yesterday, I was at a goodwill an hour out of town. I saw this stove without the bottom half claim ticket and figured someone forgot to buy it. Policy is not to hold overnight, and even though no one was left in the store, they wouldn't sell it and said they had to reprice it tomorrow. I've been wanting a small usable pot belly stove for years now, so I got up early and was first in the door. They recognized me and they handed the ticket straight away and apologized for the inconvenience. They said it was rusty, and they were just gonna throw it away and were surprised how enthusiastic I was. And for $28.88, who wouldn't be enthusiastic? It's got all the pieces and in good shape, except the surface rust. Hope to get it fired up soon

HH
-GC
IMG_20161119_151414.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking stove...I'd be putting that right to work here in
my shop. It's the perfect size to keep this place toasty..:occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee, I wonder what they do when their vehicle starts rusting! :laughing7:

Great buy!! :thumbsup:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool. Reminds me of being a kid and getting out of the tub then standing around the stove until you got all toasty warm.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice .. If i got that i would switch it with my wood burning stove and use it ..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find!

This reminds me! I have one laying down at Granny's wash house. Maybe I should pay attention to that! I've had other things to do, like posting on TNet and living a more relaxed life.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread