Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a bunch of art laying around, some of it pretty good, but not worth more than a hundred bucks. I saw this today at a thrift store today and paid $3.38 for it. It needs to be rematted and framed. There is a water stain on the lower left corner of the matting and the frame sucks. Leo Meiersdorff watercolor from New Orleans:

meirsdorff2a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GibH, Nice find! I was curious and looked them up on Ebay....DANG!! I was pretty shocked at what they're going for. :)

MinerGirl

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GibH, Nice find! I was curious and looked them up on Ebay....DANG!! I was pretty shocked at what they're going for. :)

MinerGirl

The asking prices are high on ebay, I'm having a hard time finding realized prices anywhere near those prices though. Most have been from auction houses going from between $350 and $700.

An interesting note: I was looking at his estates facebook page and there is a similar print. His daughter said it was from '69-70 when he was moving from New York to New Orleans. The backing under the paper on this painting was made from an old moving box. Too bad the frame is toast, it would be neat to have kept it as is.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. The colors are great. The subject (musicians), will probably create a larger market for it.
Way to go.

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leo Meiersdorff.jpg

Good Morning,

Funny thing...I was going through all of the thrift store posts yesterday and saw this orginial post. It inspired me to go to my local TS and I found this Leo Meiersdorff lithograph. I thought, what the heck, I saw it on Treasue Net. lol

Having a hard time nailing down any accurate pricing. It is a litho from Cunningham Enterprises out of NO. I probably paid too much at $8.00 but if nothing else I love the colors and if I can't flip it, I'll frame it and hang it.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning,

Funny thing...I was going through all of the thrift store posts yesterday and saw this orginial post. It inspired me to go to my local TS and I found this Leo Meiersdorff lithograph. I thought, what the heck, I saw it on Treasue Net. lol

Having a hard time nailing down any accurate pricing. It is a litho from Cunningham Enterprises out of NO. I probably paid too much at $8.00 but if nothing else I love the colors and if I can't flip it, I'll frame it and hang it.

I'd say it's worth around $40. Someone on ebay is selling that same one as a print, but I'm pretty sure their's is unauthorized.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread