Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll pass.

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If flipping for profit as your income definately! If you are just treasure hunting hair curlers aren't much of a treasure :)
(id flip em for a profit)
Chris

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
Always make sure they have the clips & if you find extra clips snag them. I had a set given to me & they were missing the clips, replacements were being sold for $25 at that time.

OP
OP
Sodapop

Sodapop

Nov 14, 2016
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WINTERBEAR said:
hair curlers aren't much of a treasure

True enough. They are not precious metals or stones. If I've misunderstood the purpose of this forum, I apologize. I thought we could post finds that will make money for us. I'll just post when I find gold jewelry or a Tag Heuer. Wish me luck!

MotherOfGeeks said:
Always make sure they have the clips

Great advice! Mine did have them. It sold very quick.

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think things posted have to be high value. Some one posted one time they picked up filters so I picked up a couple for an aquarium and quadrupled my money. Not a lot but it was a good idea. So is yours.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True enough. They are not precious metals or stones. If I've misunderstood the purpose of this forum, I apologize. I thought we could post finds that will make money for us.

You haven't misunderstood the purpose at all. It is and should be for sharing ideas and items that turn a profit.

OP
OP
Sodapop

Sodapop

Nov 14, 2016
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^ Amen brother. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the great "treasure" finds, this is Treasurenet after all! I'm cheering them on, but I know what my chances of finding a good gold score is ...not great.

But I can score on clothes, ties, toys, and all kinds of things in a TF. I'm still learning and the fact is that I watched a youtube video that talked about heated hair rollers. I recalled that when I saw the rollers. Otherwise, I would have walked on by.

I will keep watching you guys and gals post so I can learn and post what I find, that works for me, here for you folks, hoping that it helps someone make an extra buck.

I have become fond of this site in a short time and I want to add to it in the only way (for now anyways) I can at the moment.

HH

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^ Amen brother. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the great "treasure" finds, this is Treasurenet after all! I'm cheering them on, but I know what my chances of finding a good gold score is ...not great.

But I can score on clothes, ties, toys, and all kinds of things in a TF. I'm still learning and the fact is that I watched a youtube video that talked about heated hair rollers. I recalled that when I saw the rollers. Otherwise, I would have walked on by.

I will keep watching you guys and gals post so I can learn and post what I find, that works for me, here for you folks, hoping that it helps someone make an extra buck.

I have become fond of this site in a short time and I want to add to it in the only way (for now anyways) I can at the moment.

HH

Not everyone can be picky about only selling expensive/big money makers. I list things for less than $20 profit quite frequently. If you have the time and someone will buy it why not? I live in a smaller community and do not have access to a lot of garage sales or big thrift stores (without a long drive). Thanks for sharing!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Not everyone can be picky about only selling expensive/big money makers. I list things for less than $20 profit quite frequently. If you have the time and someone will buy it why not? I live in a smaller community and do not have access to a lot of garage sales or big thrift stores (without a long drive). Thanks for sharing!

To make it worth the time to list, pack, & ship I need to make a minimum $15 profit. That's if the item doesn't require special packing that takes up too much time. Having said that, I'm still looking for that item I can buy as many as I want for $1 each, make one listing, sell a thousand (or more) a month, pack/ship in 5 minutes or less, have no competition, & make a $5 profit on each one.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
To make it worth the time to list, pack, & ship I need to make a minimum $15 profit. That's if the item doesn't require special packing that takes up too much time. Having said that, I'm still looking for that item I can buy as many as I want for $1 each, make one listing, sell a thousand (or more) a month, pack/ship in 5 minutes or less, have no competition, & make a $5 profit on each one.

Although it doesn't hit every item on your wishlist, I would argue that vintage vinyl records is pretty close to being a win here...

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Although it doesn't hit every item on your wishlist, I would argue that vintage vinyl records is pretty close to being a win here...

I've been doing this for several years & have found very few records that would sell for $5 or more. The ones I have found were priced pretty close to eBay sold prices. In my area the supply just isn't there. On top of that you have to make a new listing for each album. Limited availability, lack of profit, & individual listings pretty much shoots it down for me.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Sodapop. I think you're right on the money. Don't listen to these clowns that only search for gold and silver. They are totally missing the boat. I make high five figures a year and almost never sell gold or silver. You can find 50 items at the Goodwill Worth 10 times the price, to every one piece of silver or gold that you can find. And you're right, this forum is designed for all buying and selling. Keep it up. I have sold many Curler sets. I buy for 2 to 5 dollars and sell for $30-$80. That's a hell of a lot better profit margin then the gold and silver guys are making.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on the item. My wife and I once found some new Zoob dinoaur sets at a factory2u. I quickly learned I couple triple or quadruple my money just by sticking in a box. Once i found out they would sell well, I cleaned out every Factory2u in southern ca. and even drove to las vegas and bought a bunch. sold every single one, wich I had lots more!

OP
OP
Sodapop

Sodapop

Nov 14, 2016
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ Nice. That type of information ...who knows when it might help one of us make some money? Maybe never, but now I'll know thanks to you, not to pass them by.

vwayne1 said:
hell of a lot better profit margin

Right. Depending of course, on the ring, but it might take a few SS rings to make a 20. I'm not trying to step on toes. I wish I could find some silver, platinum and gold! But I'll take any Canada Goose that might be hanging out at the TS.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two milk crates full of individual and old albums and no one is interested at the flea market. I didn't think on line would be any better.
Marvin
Record Inventory
1Decca Album #315 18M Series Fred Waring, In original Binder
The Rosary
Ava Maria
The bells of St. Mary's
In a Monastery Garden
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
The Lord's Prayer
The Lost Chord
Eili, Eili
2An American in Paris, Gershwin, In original Binder
Philharmonic Symphany Orchestra, Artur Rodzinski, Conductor
3George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue by Andre Kostelanetz
Columbia Records X196
4RCA 33 1/3 Long Play LCT 6401 handel: the messiah
5Down Memory Lane--Readers Digest 65 years of song hits
10 records original box
6Worlds Greatest Composers--Readers Digest
10 records original box
7Lets take a Sentimental Journey
Readers Digest10 records original box
8RCA Victor--CHOPIN Favorites The First Piano Quartet
3 records in album
9In Album---10 Records in blue album
Individual records
Al Hurt RCA 1965
Caruso RCA SP-33-75 Red Seal
Decca DL 8128 Bing Crosby Merry Christmas
United Artist UAS 6536 Merry Christmas
RCA PRM 271 Chriastmastime in carol and song
DOT records DLP 3397 Lawrence Welk Silent Night
RCA CAL 496 33 1/3 Eric Rogers
Light Records--The new Covenant By John Fischer
Stephen Foster 33 1/3
AM Records--Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass
Mendelsohn--Midsummer Night's Dream
United Artist's--Great motion picture themes
Showtime MS527 Columbia Records
Columbia Records KH31579 Richard Rogers
Capitol Records TBB216- Super Oldie's
RCA LPM1287- Gone with the Wind Max Steiner
RCA CAL 411 Al Goodman/Irvin Berlin --Annie get your gun
Capitol Records Rogers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma
The best of Victor Hubert
Lena Horne Jamaica RCA LOC1036
Andy 'williams MOON RIVER
Ferrante & Teicher----Fiddler on the roof
Decca Sound track from "The Eddie Duchin Story"
South Pacific--Mary Martin/Ezio Pinza
Decca--Around the world in 80 Days
The Sound of Music nRCA Julie Andrews
Andre Kostelanetz----STARDUST
Guy Lombardo----Soft and Sweet
Guy Lombardo----Danc in the Moonlight
Billy Vaughn----Sail along Silvery Moon
Floyd Cramer---Class of '65
Ferrante & Teicher----Love is a soft touch
Roger Williams---Autumn Leaves 1965
George Greely---Piano Rhapsodies of love
Eddie Duchin Story
Lawrence Welk----My first of '65
George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue
101 Strings ---Symphony for Lovers
Victor Young----April in Paris
George Beverly Shea---RCA Inspirational songs LPM1187
Tennessee Ernie Ford-----Hymns
Jerome Hines----The Holy City
Charles M Courboin---An Original Recital
Mario Lanza----Songs of Devotion
The Crazy Guy---Honky Tonk Piano
3 Great New Orleans Dixiland Bands
Herb Alpert-----What now my love
Hawaiian Strings
Jimmy McCracklin-----TWIST
Norrie Paralor---in London in Love
BOOKS
Schwann long playing record catalog
Jun-63

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some curling hair rollers at a house I was at yesterday. I almost bought them but when I pick them up they were pretty dirty I didn't feel like cleaning all of them. Thanks for the tip though. My mom has probably 5 sets.

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pick them up, that type and the bendy ones when I find them cheap and in really good shape, quick, easy flip.

Just make sure they have clips, or they aren't (esp the bendy type) coated with hair setting product...it resembles clear/aged varnish after awhile...and it's sometimes a b*%#h to clean off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread