Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I normally look for is out of season - vintage toys. So the other day was looking around I spotted a jar of watches. Well could be a good back up or additional items to look for. Jar cost 40 bucks - real hesitate but wth. Worst I could do is get nothing, but will learn a little, cheaper than collage. So most of the watches are vintage and of course do not run. Got two Elgin pocket watches, a couple of vintage ladies watches. Learning process has began. First one out of 5 I still have not been able to get the back off. Bought some watch tools at Harbor Frieght small investment. Still the eye glass screwdriver that I already had works best. Here are the two pocket watches selling as parts. Both are Swiss movement and one is 15 and the other is 17 Jewel. DSC07891.JPG DSC07884.JPG

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can post pictures of the backs I can maybe help you out with getting them open? Edit: I saw you did get these two open, if there are any you can't lemme know. Also, These would defintely not have swiss movements in them. Should be all USA made. If you do get them open and post a picture of the movement or at least post what the serial numbers are I can tell you what they are worth...

Also, make sure to look over the ladies watches, lots were made with solid gold. Usually like only $40-50 worth each watch but still gold is gold. Most of the time the markings would be on the inside not on the outside.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream of Watch jars! Nice score. Spartcom is right about the values on the two watches. Not super valuable but great findS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread