54 piece sterling flatware set! 50 toz! $5!!!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, today was an example of right place and right time again. It's 50% sales at goodwills all over Indiana. There's one that isn't particular good. Some of the other goodwills had a 1 hour line and shelves picked clean by 10am, but this one wasn't busy. They rolled out a new cart of merchandise and I saw a plastic bucket stacked with silverware. I grabbed it and it was all sterling. 5 for a dollar tableware, plus 50% discount, and 10% member's card, they came out to $0.09 each! Biggest sterling score, and most profitable pick ever! Good luck out there,

HH
-GC
mmexport1486258501459.jpg IMG_20170204_191726.jpg

Last edited:

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodwills around here would have never even let something like that hit the floor. Straight up online. Crazy, amazing find!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've pretty much given up on goodwill but that is an amazing find! Guess there is going to be 54 less pieces of silverware on their auction site.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holly cow! Great score....who is the maker? As a kid, I think we had the same pattern but in stainless.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's easterling "american classic" pattern

HH
-GC

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go back to that store more often. Check and see if some more pm's hit the shelves if so, go everyday. Because the person(s) sorting don't know what they're doing. Great score! Good luck!

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a score!! i still find the ocassional piece of sterling silver, but not often anymore. And it is usually weighted sterling. But those can be good too.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!! Unbelievable it was at a goodwill. Around here is just junk.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe you 100%... But this is simply unbelievable. Never ever ever have I encountered such a find at the GW. Wow.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up on Goodwills in my area years ago. They charge sterling prices for plate pieces and anything like that they would put in the glass auction case. Great score. Someone probably just dropped them off while you were there and there may have been no oversight before they hit the showroom floor. I still check when my gf wants to go to Goodwill but haven't ever had success there. That gives me hope though

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Reminds me of my first Sterling ding at Goodwill! Spent $36 and sold the pieces for over $700. I then learned that if I had completed the set, it could have sold for over $1000.00. I had about 50 pieces also. I STILL search for it at Goodwill, but it is usually a piece here and there, no more large hauls like that in the last year or so!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm in a smallish town that has a Goodwill, Salvation Army, & 2 different "mission" thrifts. I hit all of them about twice a week & stop at the Goodwill every time I drive by. It's not much but it's the best of the 4. I haven't had a score like that at a thrift store ever. I do find plenty of things in the $2-20 range that sell for $25-200. Even in the worst thrift it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a crazy find!! Well done on spotting that treasure in a bucket!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I NEVER get flatware or hollow ware at goodwill. Occasionally it pops up in smaller thrift chains. Amazing hit, thanks for posting! Have to go every darn day!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread