goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I was reorganizing things today and I figured I'd take a picture of all the old candlesticks I've gotten at thrift stores. Picking out a nice Victorian candlestick amongst all the made in India junk is very satisfying. Most of these are Victorian with a few early industrial thrown in. Most I spent just a few bucks on, and I pick them up when I see them. The small one in the middle says "Washington's Birth-Day 1910" with a some sort of emblem on it. Never found out anything about that one, but it's interesting none the less. Also, some of the cambersticks are 1840's to 1860's, which is pretty good considering I'm not on the East Coast.
HH
-GC
tmp_14789-IMG_20170207_161137-293132146.jpg

Last edited:

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I tend to buy brass when it is cheaper than I can sell it for scrap.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, when I read the title I thought it said "I like old bras" - whew. Good to see you like old brass.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even the India stuff is good to grab. The stores around here seem to be inundated with them. I've traded more of them a lot more than I've sold for scrap. Kind of hard to lose when they're $1 - $2 a set $.50 for a single. The fun part for me is when I dump an armload on the checkstand and everyone behind me gets that "What's he know...." look. As I walk out at least two turn around and head back into the store. Sheeze now that I think about it, I should get a discount for my marketing skills!

OH! Don't forget to find the bags of brass lamp fittings!!! Great to have on hand to repair old lamps! At $.50 a bag, lots cheaper than trying every electrical supplier, antique store in town & paying $10 for one piece. If you have a good rapport with them you can score on parts for your next restoration!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions