Goodwill Steiff Cat

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We picked up this Steiff cat at our local Goodwill, sitting in the white section, with a tag on it of $1.97.

It has a value of about $50 bucks.
20170224_213550.jpg

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Nice eye, good pick!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Stieff mohair poodle from the 1950s in a thrift store once for cheap. I did get close to 70 bucks out of it. Guess I better start looking at the stuffed toys again. The ARC is going nut on the jewelry now. Was there yesterday afternoon and saw in the case a Siam silver bracelet with a $99.00 price tag. A silver pearl ring marked sterling and made in Israel for $79.95. Apparently there are buyers for these high-priced thrift store pieces, because they go missing from the cases.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to start looking at stuffed cats now - I wouldv'e walked right by that thing looking the other way.

OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife saw the tag from about thirty feet away. That's the key - the tag!

The price of a Steiff is decided first by its age, new or old. Then if it has its tag, and then by condition.

And for those of you who were thinking, that's just a bear, check out these *completed* ebay auctions.
steiff | eBay

Twenty nine individual items sold at over a thousand dollars a piece. (Well, seven had a best offer accepted and I'm guessing the price was still over a grand considering the listed price)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread