May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a thrift store while out of town and it had the most watches I have ever seen. Spied this 1940's Omega for $20! I didn't think I would ever find an Omega in a thrift store but it finally happened! Funny thing is it says it does not work but It has been keeping time for three or four hours now. I also got a 1970s ladies Seiko professional diver watch. This is a really high-quality watch and worth some good money. I also got a 1976 Phasar 2000 watch to go with the other two models I have from this year. I am ecstatic! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489202407.816135.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489202420.787314.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489202433.661441.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489202564.390304.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the great purchases! I picked up a same as new Bulova Precisionist 300m Diver's Watch today for $60 and a nice old Seiko for $35 at a Pawn Shop in Knoxville. I think I did okay, am now wearing the Bulova Precisionist and giving my' Bulova Marine Star a break!

Frank

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. That's an oldie.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are photos of the back. Dates it to 1944 although the movement predates that by a year or two. The fact it is not copper plated indicates the movement is probably from 1943 or earlier. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489267647.804438.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489267665.498343.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know squat about watches. How rare is that Omega and how much is something like that worth?

Omega ranks just below Rolex. They are probably easier to find because Rolex is so well known. As for worth I'm still trying to figure that out. A lot depends on whether it's a redial or not. $200-$600 would be my best estimate.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My everyday wear is an Omega. It's actually James Bond's watch of choice and it is the watch that the astronauts of Apollo 11 wore to the moon. You can actually see the watch on the OUTSIDE of Neil Armstrong's spacesuit when he is on the moon. Omega is top notch. I'd be giddy and dancing on air if I found that. Would probably not even be able to sell it.....

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$200 is a very fair valuation on this watch! I bought one of these, similar to this at a pawn for $250. It was redialed, it ran nicely but even then everyone advised me to return it ASAP. Bummer... It even had the original Omega crystal! Yours is a redial for sure, the bottom of the second track looks all sorts of messed up! Still at $20 I'd be ALL over it. You should still be able to get close to $200! Had this been all original it'd be way more expensive as they are very hard to find nowadays and are all mostly in collections. I've only ever been able to find two original dial Omegas!
Here was my watch 20161101_180455_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do know that Seiko is probably worth just as much as the Omega right? Haha I LOVE Seiko watches, so underestimated. Yours is in nice condition as well. 2205 JAPAN VINTAGE SEIKO PROFESSIONAL 150 AUTOMATIC LADY WATCH | eBay To check that this is yours look on the back for the serial and case number like this WatchSleuth - Seiko Date Finder

Thank you for the link. It is from October 1977. I am actually not going to sell it. I am just going to archive it away into storage case as I fully expect it to increase in value. It is also a very low serial number.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$200 is a very fair valuation on this watch! I bought one of these, similar to this at a pawn for $250. It was redialed, it ran nicely but even then everyone advised me to return it ASAP. Bummer... It even had the original Omega crystal! Yours is a redial for sure, the bottom of the second track looks all sorts of messed up! Still at $20 I'd be ALL over it. You should still be able to get close to $200! Had this been all original it'd be way more expensive as they are very hard to find nowadays and are all mostly in collections. I've only ever been able to find two original dial Omegas!
Here was my watch View attachment 1425785

Yeah I couldn't believe it when it was $20. I am actually thinking more and more it's a factory dial. The distortion your C on the lower dial is from the glass crystal. It is a tall domed crystal. I'm pouring over research now to see if I can find anything close to it. Your watch is great but I can clearly see it's a later watch by the size of the second register. It seems like earlier ones had smaller registers.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seikos do seem to go up in value from time to time! Check this out, couple months ago this would have sold for around $450-500. Now look at it Seiko "Black Samurai" Automatic Divers' Watch SNM033 | eBay I have this watch. Reason why it's more now is because Seiko just came out with a new version and everyone wants the original! Pretty cool!

Oh and that Omega I had was 1947. If you REALLY want to know if you have a redial go here, trust me, they know. https://omegaforums.net/forums/vintage-omega-watches-help-discussion-and-advice.23/

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice watch. I'm still on the hunt for a keeper. I have found two that work and one that's parts. It's on my bucket list though... one day...

One guy did have one that I saw he showed me at his yard sale. But he wouldn't sell it it was excellent but it's only in a dream now! I guess I can't complain I do have two really nice other watches. I would like an omega though....

wisconsinwalter

Feb 11, 2009
Here are photos of the back. Dates it to 1944 although the movement predates that by a year or two. The fact it is not copper plated indicates the movement is probably from 1943 or earlier. View attachment 1425458 View attachment 1425459

I would not wear it until it gets cleaned. If you notice the regulator has been moved to the R, that indicates the watch is running fast and probably because it has not been serviced, I didn't notice any watchmaker engraved the case back when they serviced it which all watchmakers due with their number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread