Holy 21k score at GW Batman!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an embarrassingly late start today at a church rummage sale way across town from where I live, am currently wandering back home so as to maximize stops. Paid $2.99 for this gem as soon as I found it, marked 875 + a couple of hallmarks I can get to later. It makes up for a truly surprising number of fruitless soul-sucking goodwill trips. 20170318_161917.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!! What a score! Let us know the weight and what you find with the other hallmarks.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strange mark. I don't believe I've seen it before. Great find

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go buy a lotto ticket if that slipped by the Goodwill gold grubbers.

The ONLY reason that got out is they arent used to that style of purity marking. If there was a K of any sort after a number, that sucker never would have seen the light of day.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an embarrassingly late start today at a church rummage sale way across town from where I live, am currently wandering back home so as to maximize stops. Paid $2.99 for this gem as soon as I found it, marked 875 + a couple of hallmarks I can get to later. It makes up for a truly surprising number of fruitless soul-sucking goodwill trips. View attachment 1428443

for the future: NEVER ALLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING TO SUCK YOUR SOUL

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had any luck with maker's marks yet but this sure is a pretty piece. Weighs 11 grams on the nose. Here are pics of the marks if anyone wants to take a shot.

20170318_191707-01.jpeg 20170318_191555-01.jpeg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when you find gold without the K marks. The piece could be India? I stay many nights in motels owned by Indians and they're always sporting gold jewelry. You can tell what both the men and women have is high karat gold by the rich gold color. I asked one fella what karat gold his necklace was and he said it's 21K. He said that's the only gold they wear and anything less than 21k gold worn in India is pretty much un-cool.

Last edited:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when you find gold without the K marks. The piece could be India? I stay many nights in motels owned by Indians and they're always sporting gold jewelry. You can tell what both the men and women have is high karat gold by the rich gold color. I asked one fella what karat gold his necklace was and he said it's 21K. He said that's the only gold they wear and anything less than 21k gold worn in India is pretty much un-cool.

My former boss and another former coworker both told me the same thing about India gold jewelry. Pretty much nothing less than 21k. Very high quality stuff!!

Tremec

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure the middle mark is a leopard which means London essay

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread