A sort of incredible twenty-five-cent book find! Looking forward to reading it...

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only buy books at one place anymore barring something really exceptional, because I had to do something to stem the rising tide of unread acquisitions. So I only buy paperbacks, and only from one store, which prices all paperbacks at 25 cents. So today for 53 cents I picked up one of those $15 coloring books and a book called "Thrift Score", developed by a guy named Al Hoff from a zine he made of the same name. It was published in 1997, had e-commerce already imploded the collectibles market by then? It had only been two years since eBay started up. Anyway it felt like kismet when I pulled this out from a jumble of craft magazines on a bottom shelf. Happy hunting y'all.
20170410_174757-01.jpeg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started hitting thrift stores and flea markets around the time ebay started. For me it was something to do when football season ended. Back then, we bought and sold mostly My Little Pony toys, Zippo lighters, antique clocks, and out of print VHS tapes. The collectible market was quite healthy.

wassermj

Apr 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked up the description on this book- it actually sounds really neat. Came out of a series of zines in the late 1990's. I just bought a copy on Ebay to read. Thanks for posting this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions