Is this a genuine Tiffany piece?

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a nice Sterling bracelet in a jewelry jar. Inside diameter is 2-1/2 inches and the weight is 17.3 grams. It is marked with STERLING followed by TIFFANY & CO. below that.

I am somewhat suspicious of the mark, especially the T at the beginning and the O at the end of Tiffany & Co. and wanted the thoughts of some others. I only paid $5 for the jar so if it's just sterling and not Tiffany I still did ok.

Here are some pictures of the bracelet:
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bracelet :icon_thumleft:

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a little bracelette marked Tiffany Sterling, problem was the whole thing would be picked up by a magnet1 The chain, the clasp, everyhting. And it was in a Tiffany box!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mess with Tiffany enough to really know but I think they always have the copyright symbol after the Tiffany and Co. but I'm not 100% sure. You're right though it does look kind of funky on the o.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah - I know the t & c hallmark has multiple varieties, so don't give up if it doesn't match your first comparison.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a fake. The lettering is all wrong, and it would have a 925 mark, not sterling.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you test for actual silver. The vast majority of fake Tiffany is usually not even silver(per a Tiffany rep).

OP
OP
R

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you test for actual silver. The vast majority of fake Tiffany is usually not even silver(per a Tiffany rep).

Yes I did test it. Magnet has no effect and silver test acid turned red so it appears to be solid sterling. Has a good solid feel and heft to it also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread