May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped in my worst thrift store today and saw this sitting on the shelf. I am at a really speechless. I have wanted a Jaeger Lecoultre Atmos clock for sometime. It is in running condition but needs a little TLC. I dropped $250 on it but it's well worth it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492794921.388942.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to the wrong thrift stores.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted one of those. I think $250 was a good deal? I know they use to sell in the $600 - $700. range.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw one a few months ago at a local thrift. I loved it but so did they, they wanted $450 or so. It sold in less than a week.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid 50.00 for mine at an estate sale near the beach in Los Angeles. I think the company was called "We Don't Really Care Estate Services" Everything was underpriced (i wasn't complaining) but had the owner seen it, they might of been pissed and rightly so.

It was my first Atmos clock but at 50.00 i didn't think i could go wrong. After doing the research on the possible cost of repairs, i realized i had dodged a huge bullet since mine was working perfectly.

Since then i've seen at least 3 of them at sales, none being offered for less then 1500.00, and they never last more then an hour!!

You did good for 250.00 From my earlier research, the very early models sell well, late models sell and the odd ball models sell. There is a middle age bracket that just doesn't command a high price but for 250.00, you paid half of what the lowest price models will sell for.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid 50.00 for mine at an estate sale near the beach in Los Angeles. I think the company was called "We Don't Really Care Estate Services" Everything was underpriced (i wasn't complaining) but had the owner seen it, they might of been pissed and rightly so.

It was my first Atmos clock but at 50.00 i didn't think i could go wrong. After doing the research on the possible cost of repairs, i realized i had dodged a huge bullet since mine was working perfectly.

Since then i've seen at least 3 of them at sales, none being offered for less then 1500.00, and they never last more then an hour!!

You did good for 250.00 From my earlier research, the very early models sell well, late models sell and the odd ball models sell. There is a middle age bracket that just doesn't command a high price but for 250.00, you paid half of what the lowest price models will sell for.

Thank you for that information. Yes these these clocks can be very expensive to fix. The real only issue with it is the presentation plaque on the bottom of the clock was removed leaving a hard glue residue . I am working on a few things to you get it off. Otherwise it's in perfect condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread