AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I saw the etsy one but I don't think anything was served in these, they just seem too delicate and are not very large. Has to be a holder of some sort - could be for the syrup jar. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if any old-school IHOP patrons remember seeing these things in the restaurant.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was only 8 in '69, don't ever remember eating at IHOP. We favored Howard Johnson's when on the road.

My first thought was same as your's, a creamer holder, except I don't recall them having those little plastic containers back then. Jelly maybe? I dunno.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember these! If my fuzzy memory serves me right, you could ask for warm maple syrup and they'd bring you warm =spelled scalding hot maple syrup. Just can't remember if it was brought on these or a saucer. I'm a little under caffeinated so let me get a couple cups & see if the fog clears...

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across 8 of these things at SA today - problem is I don't know what the heck they were used for. Some sort of bowl for coffee creamers? Serving dish? Utensil holder?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/retro-vintage-ihop-1969-international-455783016

PS - Anyone with worthpoint know what this one sold for? They don't seem to be common at all. ???

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493351880.866998.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493351893.937415.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493351902.917881.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watch this truly horrible commercial video at 32 seconds you will see the dish being served to a little girl with what looks like a dessert in it.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watch this truly horrible commercial video at 32 seconds you will see the dish being served to a little girl with what looks like a dessert in it.

You solved the mystery - thanks for posting that. I have to ask though, what the hell was going on with/in that commercial? :icon_scratch:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You solved the mystery - thanks for posting that. I have to ask though, what the hell was going on with/in that commercial? :icon_scratch:

The use of acid and psilocybin mushrooms was pretty common in '69. Just sayin'...

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The use of acid and psilocybin mushrooms was pretty common in '69. Just sayin'...

Oh, I believe it. Especially after watching that commercial spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread