BEST WATCH FIND FOR ME YET

Noahmcclain977

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493699346.884638.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493699400.225302.jpg

How do i began pricing it? I really dont think its a fake, I have a few fake rolexs and whatnot from hopeful watch jars, but this points to being real.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first It did not look real to me. The band in particular does not seem to be finished like you would expect but then again what I see online makes me think it is real.

Last edited:

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a screwdriver and open it up... That's the only real way to tell, as for pricing just find a similar model on eBay. Why'd you blur the serial numbers out? That should be the model number and you just look that up... Something like 7502 S6 is a model number

Jim check your PM I sent you I have a question.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a screwdriver and open it up... That's the only real way to tell, as for pricing just find a similar model on eBay. Why'd you blur the serial numbers out? That should be the model number and you just look that up... Something like 7502 S6 is a model number

Jim check your PM I sent you I have a question.

Self preservation. I wouldn't put it past someone to see a pic and report it lost or stolen.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Self preservation. I wouldn't put it past someone to see a pic and report it lost or stolen.
Yep. In the firearms world when we share photos - blurring the serial is a given.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to say anything about stolen watches lol. This could definitely be stolen especially given what it is.

Have you opened the watch up yet?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to say anything about stolen watches lol. This could definitely be stolen especially given what it is.

Have you opened the watch up yet?

I wasn't implying it was stolen. I was simply pointing out that some scam artist could could file a report by including the serial number and try to claim it.

Much the same way that if I found a valuable ring or watch that was inscribed, I certainly wouldn't post the inscription on an open forum. You can't be too careful these days.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't implying it was stolen. I was simply pointing out that some scam artist could could file a report by including the serial number and try to claim it.

Much the same way that if I found a valuable ring or watch that was inscribed, I certainly wouldn't post the inscription on an open forum. You can't be too careful these days.

If I post an item with serial number or personal info I black it out. What Gib is saying is exactly why I do it. Ebay, craigslist etc.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I've sold a Franck Mueller for good money in the past. Only way is to open it and check. Nothing worse than opening a nice high end watch and finding a Myota movement.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally never have blacked out a serial number, but I definitely understand. However, if I found a multi thousand dollar watch I probably would now lol

He still blurred out the key part to pricing this watch! The model number.... That should be safe to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions