May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was $15 and a little more than I would spend on a Vantage watch but oh the condition! NOS never worn. Couldn't pass it up. Needed a service which I did last night and she is purring. Also added this NOS calendar watch strap from 1970 which I had. Made by Hamilton in 1965 this Watch is pristine and a new favorite of mine. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495216056.926083.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495216067.645440.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495216098.847760.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495216080.839086.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The watch is nice looking... the band though! Does it have a name
Brand? For the band? I just bought an omega, would love a band like that for it. I'm guessing it turns for every month?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The watch is nice looking... the band though! Does it have a name
Brand? For the band? I just bought an omega, would love a band like that for it. I'm guessing it turns for every month?

The brand is Champion and it is Alligator. The window has a 12 month calendar for 1970. It still had the original tag when I bought it for $2 at a thrift store.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought long ago a Vantage cricket alarm watch inmint condition. It was one of the first things I sold on eBay in the later 90s... I went crazy selling my vintage wristwatch collection back then as almost all were selling over book value. I hate to think about why I did that now, as it was so much more easy to score vintage time pieces back in the 80s & 90s then today. I had Rolexs, Audemas Piguets IWCs and many gold cased examples. Oh well it's​ all water under the bridge now. :'(

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought long ago a Vantage cricket alarm watch inmint condition. It was one of the first things I sold on eBay in the later 90s... I went crazy selling my vintage wristwatch collection back then as almost all were selling over book value. I hate to think about why I did that now, as it was so much more easy to score vintage time pieces back in the 80s & 90s then today. I had Rolexs, Audemas Piguets IWCs and many gold cased examples. Oh well it's​ all water under the bridge now. :'(

Oh man! The market exploded since then. Keep the good attitude.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man! The market exploded since then. Keep the good attitude.
The highend stuff is still here and there, but the true values are no longer such a secret as in those days. Back then the pawn shops and antique dealer's had little reference to gauge the market. I had West Texas as a sales territory back then and was there I made some fantastic score's. The pawn shops in El Paso we're loaded with vintage time pieces at great prices back then.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the watch. I NEED the band. Heading to get it polished soon! Although the band will probably be put on the back burner for a little bit. I do dig them at band lot though!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495553262.990244.jpg

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I should point out this is a redial. What does the movement look like? Did you get a good price on it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions