Flatware Question

kman304

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lurking on the forums for a while and I am just starting out in buying things at thrift stores and garage sales with information I have learned from reading on here. I got 20 pieces of Northland Stainless Korea flatware a 4 person set with both forks, both spoons, and the knife at the goodwill for $5. Its not silver in color its gold. After researching the internet I find it hard to put a value on it. I think its the Carolina pattern, but I'm not sure. They look like no one has ever even used them they dont have a scratch on any of them. I don't have a picture to add right now but I will later. any comments would be appreciated.

Last edited:

pjdentry

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! What I usually do first if you have an idea is google the pattern and click on images and see if it matches.

I'd also go to ebay, type in what you want and then click on the lower left column under "sold." This will get you the prices that people actually paid for stuff. Good luck!

OP
OP
K

kman304

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
91654.jpeg 91667.jpeg here are the pictures if that helps

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say Carolina pattern as well. Looking over actual sold prices, looks like these piece average about .50 cents to $1.00 a piece. I would expect $10-20 if you sold them together.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to sell flatware, however I stay away from Korea (I also avoided going to Korea when I was in the Military). Nothing against them, just Korea items do not sell well. I like the older Oneida flatware. Some Japan does well but once again it has to be more vintage than modern.

OP
OP
K

kman304

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update: sold on ebay for $22

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a serving set for 12 that is also gold colored. Each setting is about 7 pieces! And they are each in their own "pouch". This reminded me of them and I will have to list them this weekend. Just to move product!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Memorize top stainless brands and patterns. I routinely pull single $25 forks or spoons out of mixed flatware bins in thrift stores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread