Antique mall jewelry

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by one of those antique malls where all the different vendors bring their own stuff in to sell. Looked around for a little bit and there was some jewelry right up by the counter. Asked to see a couple pieces and they were Mounted on these little cards. Everything was $10 each. The turtle was marked Sterling enamel. The brooches were all marked gold. (On the card) I love finding Victorian jewelry. Especially Gold for $10 apiece. Not huge weight because there are stones but nonetheless I'm happy and wanted to share.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497315365.291268.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497315462.182130.jpg

The cashier asked me when I was buying them though if they were really gold? And if I could show her how to tell.
I told her I think there gold filled. I'm not giving up my secrets are you kidding me? Lol. Never! I keep finding good stuff at this place. That will end if I give my knowledge away!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe they priced them at $10 if they knew they were gold. Take a close look at the cameo. I think I might be a conch shell cameo. Very nice contrast between the background and the foreground.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe they priced them at $10 if they knew they were gold. Take a close look at the cameo. I think I might be a conch shell cameo. Very nice contrast between the background and the foreground.

Thanks for the help! I just checked the receipt. The gold ones were $10 the turtle was15. I was pretty surprised but it seems like every time I go to that store there is something decent you just have to find it! So many vendors and so much stuff in that place. I wanted to go to the other two but it started storming pretty bad and my daughter was bored out of her mind so I'll have to go back when I don't have kids in tow.

Dad: look at this!

Me: omg! Put that down it has a $300 price tag on it and it's glass!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brooches were all marked gold. (On the card) I love finding Victorian jewelry. Especially Gold for $10 apiece. Not huge weight because there are stones but nonetheless I'm happy and wanted to share.

View attachment 1461474

Wow unbelievable finds! The brooch in the middle is Art Deco. What are the stones in the Victorian brooch? It's hard to tell from the pics, but the middle stone looks like onyx. That Cameo brooch is amazing and very fine quality!

The cashier asked me when I was buying them though if they were really gold? And if I could show her how to tell.
I told her I think there gold filled. I'm not giving up my secrets are you kidding me? Lol. Never! I keep finding good stuff at this place. That will end if I give my knowledge away!

Yeah and especially to a cashier that works there Lol!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antique malls are great places to hunt. I look in every one I drive by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread