Silver and Paper, One's a brag, and one's an ask!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! I've had some crazy nice jewelry hits recently, figured it was time to share another one with my friends on the thrift forum.

Excuse the mess on the table cloth. A pile of jewelry was just sitting there. Extra points if you recognize or can make out the designer. If you're picking jewelry, it's one you have to remember! 8-)

Paid $15 for it. (19.95 less 25%) If I slow play it I could probably get $700-$800 for it. It's a $500 bill on the fast flip.

Then I bought the antique book at an auction. Did a cursory internet search and the closest examples I could find were asking around $1000-$1500! Anyone have any clue as to edition/year/anything at all? I rarely do books or ephemera, but this one was too clean to pass on.

Thank you!!
HUTH (happy urban treasure hunting) :tongue3:

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    237.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    694.9 KB · Views: 194
  • book1.PNG
    book1.PNG
    404.8 KB · Views: 111
  • book2.PNG
    book2.PNG
    341.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Book3.PNG
    Book3.PNG
    282.6 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Georg Jensen necklace! I've only found 2 of his pieces in my travels ~ a dressing table mirror (vanity mirror?) and a keychain. Here is a link to my post about the mirror:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493682

And you're absolutely correct that his maker's marks (there are a few variations) are 'must-know'. I would put James Avery and William Spratling marks in the same category.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Georg Jensen necklace! I've only found 2 of his pieces in my travels ~ a dressing table mirror (vanity mirror?) and a keychain. And you're absolutely correct that his maker's mark is a 'must-know'. I would put James Avery and William Spratling marks in the same category.

Stellar! William Spratling is new to me. That's why I love this forum. Researching now. oh oh, don't forget David Yurman, or Tiffany (if you know what you're doing!)

Silpada hallmark gets overlooked by even the most savvy sellers, not that it belongs quite in the same category, but it's nice.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice score! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread