Out-of-Town Thrift Visit = 10k Gold Service Pin

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traveled to a neighboring town yesterday to check out a thrift I've never been to. All in all I'm not sure the 160 mile roundtrip was worth it, but I did manage to find a couple of small things.

The first and best find of the day is this marked 10K gold employee pin from what I presume is a phone company?

View attachment 1483736

The best part? Yellow tag items were $.50! Does anybody recognize the logo? I looked at hundreds of phone company pins on eBay as well as Google, with no luck.

The second find was this knife. It was in a little basket with some airline flatware. There was a knife from Air France, one from TWA, and one from United. I grabbed this one because I didn't recognize the initials. Based on the other knives in the basket, I was hoping the 'CHL' stood for 'something something Lines'; some obscure airline. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck researching it. The only prominent CHL I can find online is the Canadian Hockey League. Now I'm thinking the initials might just be somebody's personal monogram. No big loss, however. Another $.50.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502905599.810783.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502905611.544286.jpg

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Can you try posting the pin picture again? I don't think it came thru correctly. Thanks!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a Bell System pin, but does look like a phone. Might have a jeweler evaluate the stone -- maybe you got a ruby too!

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid, can I ask what you got for your 3 pins? Just found these 2 today, my first service pins, thanks to this forum! pins.jpg

Does anyone know wha tte BRA membership one is for?

Thanks,

Kris

OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool finds kickitin! It seems like the smaller pin is also railway related. From what I can find on Google, the BRAC stands for the Brotherhood of Railway & Airline Clerks - initials 'BRA' within the logo and the "C" is the black rim. The pin is pre-1987 because according to Wikipedia, in 1987, after absorbing members from a half dozen other unions that merged with BRAC, the organization adopted its current name; The Transportation Communications International Union or TCU.

Last edited:

Kickitin

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, The " C" was throwing me off. Great info!!

BTW, got these for $5 for both. Hope I can get a decent profit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread