Quick silver buy at local ARC

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by our local Arc store today after work and quickly spotted this little beauty. 1/2 Troy ounce of pure silver for$1.00!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503090633.951274.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503090644.105620.jpg

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - how can they not know better than that?! Great find for you, and great eyes to spot it -- congrats! :occasion14:

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's almost like they thought it was so largely and prominently marked that it must be fake.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pick Captain. I was talking to a friend of my wife and she said her mother in law wanted to give her the family Silver. She said no. She then said to me "it wasn't worth anything right!" Some people just don't have a clue about the value of silver!

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pick Captain. I was talking to a friend of my wife and she said her mother in law wanted to give her the family Silver. She said no. She then said to me "it wasn't worth anything right!" Some people just don't have a clue about the value of silver!

How the unwashed masses don't know about silver's value is beyond me. There are "We buy gold and silver" joints on almost every corner. If it wasn't worth anything, there wouldn't be shops dedicated to buying it.

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's almost like they thought it was so largely and prominently marked that it must be fake.

That's exactly what I thought when I bought it. And thankfully for all of us, not everyone knows about this stuff!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people just don't have a clue about the value of silver!

And others think it's worth a ton. I get phone calls from friends ... I FOUND A SILVER NECKLACE! HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH??? ... uh, about a buck maybe? LOL

Very cool find. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread