Need advice from anyone on painting

tj.cama

Jan 2, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was wondering if anyone knows anything about paintings and value. I can't find anything online about this and the store has it for 150$ just poking for advice! Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503618471.897022.jpg

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice would be not to spend $150 on a painting to flip

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No artist info?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a strong probability it's a print. Even if it was a watercolor unless it was from a major artist it probably wouldn't be worth much. It does sort of look Italian in the school of Enrico Tarenghi. I have one of his original watercolors and it was valued at $1000-$1500 by Christie's. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503626283.370075.jpg

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anyone knows anything about paintings and value. I can't find anything online about this and the store has it for 150$ just poking for advice! Thanks! View attachment 1486692

I don't know who the artist is but I think it's a print because it appears in the picture to be framed underneath glass and that usually isn't done over oil paintings anymore except in watercolors, sketches and sometimes acrylics and then they are always matted to protect them from damage from the glass. Another thing that concerns me is that it isn't even matted underneath the glass and that would also destroy a lithograph, a valuable print or any print at all especially over time. I can definitely tell you that it is in the style of the Dutch Masters/Flemish artists. It reminds me very much of a Rembrandt van Rijn and could possibly be a copy of one of his, or at least one done in his style.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread