how much do you keep and how much do you sell?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Lots of different ways to do things. I'm semi-retired and supplement my income by buying for resale. I run that like a business with a separate account. If I buy with that account it gets resold. If I want something for myself I buy it with my personal disposable money. I know a lot of people that buy and flip enough to pay for what they keep. I know other people that use their disposable income to buy things as an investment. I also know people that buy things they like when they find a great deal just for the satisfaction of having the item. Nothing wrong with any of those strategies. On the flip side, it can become a huge problem when you buy a lot of stuff you can't really afford because you think it's worth more than you paid......& then keep it.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think my real problem is I enjoy shopping soooooo much more than selling. And I use shopping as a comfort. When I get stressed, I shop. Which runs up my bills which stresses me more.

That said, I do have a gorgeous collection of things that give me a lot of pleasure! One of the hardest choices I make each morning after ... What do I want to wear today? is ... Which piece of jewelry do I want to wear today? LOL. Should be my worst problem, right?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my real problem is I enjoy shopping soooooo much more than selling. And I use shopping as a comfort. When I get stressed, I shop. Which runs up my bills which stresses me more.

That said, I do have a gorgeous collection of things that give me a lot of pleasure! One of the hardest choices I make each morning after ... What do I want to wear today? is ... Which piece of jewelry do I want to wear today? LOL. Should be my worst problem, right?
Right!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yarr I'll never be selling my booty:blackbeard:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That sounds EXACTLY like my wife! except along with what do I wear today? and which pieces of jewelry do I wear, there is also which handbag goes with what I have on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread