What the heck did I buy today?

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5985.JPG AkQbYu5.jpg qhKbLlA.jpg YbpMHaE.jpg A2MZVqB.jpg

Picked this up for 59 cents today at the local Salvation Army. Seems well made and unique but the problem is I don't know what the heck it is.

The top piece opens so it can attach to something.

Bottom piece with the two horses has some type of spring mechanism and one side and a pin lock on the other.

Any ideas?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know either, but I like it.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pocket watch chain/fob ,,, ceiling fan pull ??????????

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just going to take a wild guess and offer the possibility that it is a vintage glove holder clip? The chain fastener fastened around a purse strap keeping the pair of gloves together with the purse. Of course, whether this is a good guess or not depends on whether or not that spring mechanism at the bottom allows you to separate the horses and pinch the gloves in between. If not, i'll second the vote for watch fob as mentioned in the previous post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just going to take a wild guess and offer the possibility that it is a vintage glove holder clip? The chain fastener fastened around a purse strap keeping the pair of gloves together with the purse. Of course, whether this is a good guess or not depends on whether or not that spring mechanism at the bottom allows you to separate the horses and pinch the gloves in between. If not, i'll second the vote for watch fob as mentioned in the previous post.

Interesting.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you search "chatelaine" (watch) you will see similar chains to yours and possibly an exact match.
A watch fob is typically just one piece (like a key chain) but a chatelaine is more like a charm bracelet for watches.
Cool find!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That little clip at the end of the chain is exactly like the ones on watch chains I have seen.

I bet it is a fob/chain for a pocket watch... and I would assume the guy was into horses...

Nice find.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top clips to the watch and the larger bottom clips to the vest and the watch goes into the vest pocket. Just guessing.
Marvin:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread