My second gold watch

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the local SA thrift store tonight and was shocked to see this listed for $2.99:

IMG_1065.JPG IMG_1064.JPG

One that looked identical to this except the band was black sold for just under $125 this month on the bay.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! I can see how someone may have overlooked it.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! I would looked twice because I would assumed it said "plated". Great score!

OP
OP
R

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I would looked twice because I would assumed it said "plated". Great score!

I actually was worried that the word Milor after the 18K Gold was Italian for "plated". A quick check showed it to be the name of the manufacturer.

I had a chance to open it and while the outside of the case is 18K gold, it's not a solid gold case. The inside of the back cover has a large piece of base metal where the back fits the movement, I'll post some pictures later. But it still is some gold and as I mentioned these do resell for over $100 on ebay so I'll take the profit.

OP
OP
R

Rented Mule

Apr 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the inside of the back cover. I believe they used the base metal because the 18k gold is so soft, as well as to save money

IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1068.JPG
Some research indicates they sold this model watch on QVC several years back for around $200 new

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one of those a few years back for $50.00. When I popped the back off I could tell that it really was only a thin sheet of gold formed over a brass or stainless steel case and wasn't going to have as much gold weight as I expected. Also it had a scratch coil and therefore didn't run with a new battery. I took it to an EZ Pawn and got a $80.00 loan on it and then never went back for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread