May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a thrift store and purchased a bag of jewelry for $30 because I saw a sterling silver Zuni butterfly Pendant pin and a Seiko watch in view. There were a couple other plastic watches in there and one look like a G-Shock. Anyway the pin is great and easily worth 30 bucks. I pulled out the Seiko and it's working. Even though it says it's a Seiko 5 this is actually a 23 Jewel movement before before Seiko 5 came their affordable line. Here's the watch after a new strap and a crystal polishing. Actually the plastic watches were a Casio solar and offbrand G-Shock wanna be. I pulled a sterling silver pearl bracelet and earrings set and three sets of Sterling earrings from the bag also. I'll post pictures later. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1507866999.841377.jpg

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seiko is a good find, I was a dealer for them and like the old automatic winders, when they started using the little womens size guts in the mens watches I stopped selling them.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought one in Japan in 68 and it lasted a good 12 years or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well mine lasted a week. The auto winder locked up. Need to disassemble it and see what is going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread