2 silver scrollwork hinged bangles

owleyes

Jul 3, 2015
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got sidetracked from looking at Gameboys (to mod) on the Goodwill site and took a shot bidding for both bracelets. After some back and forth and the shipping both bracelets were about $40 total. Not pennies but better than what the GW in my area is offering. And much nicer too!

The seller's pictures are better than what I would have taken :laughing7: can anyone make out the hallmark? There is a very cursive letter in front of the R 925.

IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG

Will post additional pics when I receive them and clean them up a bit.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those very nice, but the mark is not one I recognize?... The Goodwill's around here are all called Goodwill of Denver and there are many all up and down the front range. They don't even offer any gold or silver jewelry anymore like they did as much as maybe three years ago. I believe I was told by an employee all the jewelry they get is now shorted out in a special facility first, before it's released to the various outlets. Because of that I've had to change my game plan and look other kinds of treasures. I believe even old vintage watches are subject to be inspected before they are released also. I see mostly crap these days, but on some rare occasions a good watch or fine piece of jewelry will slip through.

Last edited:

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recognize the mark either. One thing is don't "Dip" them, but just lightly buff them with a silver buffing cloth. If they are very old, the tarnish in the carvings is desirable to vintage/antique silver buyers/collectors. Research the mark a bit more and see what you come up with before doing anything drastic in terms of cleaning.

They are Very nice pieces and I'm curious, at the very least by the gram, what you paid for them.

OP
OP
owleyes

owleyes

Jul 3, 2015
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 years later, an update. Just had these appraised yesterday. They are Victorian snuff bracelets(!!!) The ball part is hollow, where the owner would store their snuff. The rest of the bangle is solid. The maker is still unknown, but the pair appraised at $375! Also still need to invest in a scale to weigh them [emoji23]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting