Photo equipment bag: Manfrotto and Really Right Stuff

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the day before Christmas Eve I ran out to get a new artificial tree and dropped into the thrift store next to the store where I was getting the tree for a quick hunt. I came across a musical mouth piece that looked to be sterling. After several minutes of phone work, I realized the piece was plated and in too poor of shape to be sellable. Skunked on precious metals, again! I put away my phone, and, at my feet, was a long black bag with a tripod in it. I almost didn't look. There are overpriced junk tripods in every thrift store I go to. When I did look inside the bag, I saw the name "Manfrotto" and threw it in my cart without looking at the price. I was lucky to know that Manfrotto is an Italian company that makes high end equipment.

When I got home I discovered that someone had donated a bag of professional grade photo equipment and it had:
A Manfrotto 458b Tripod which sells for $100-200+
A Manfrotto 322RC2 Head which sells for $100-120
A Really Right Stuff Head the last of which sold for $400
A light stand that sells for $40-50

Each item was price at $12.99. When I went to checkout I was told that the entire bag was being sold as a set... for $12.99.

Best find of 2017 for me in a year in which my silver finds measured in the grams, not ounces.

IMG_9740.jpg IMG_9637.jpg IMG_9726.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man! Right place, right time! Manfrotto is great gear. Looks unused, too. Score!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RRS ... YIKES! What a deal! Hate to tell you what I have paid for RRS gear!!

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The best thing I've ever found in a thrift store was $20 in a jacket pocket. The stores around here don't let silver or gold go up for sale that I've seen. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer find, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right place, right time, for sure. The thrift stores around here are very competitive. Lots of smart buyers so nothing good sits for long. The managers make few mistakes either. Silver finds are very rare and just come from right place, right time, right knowledge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread