Local GW finally missed something

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GW here usually looks everything up on ebay and prices it about 30 to 60% of sold prices regardless of condition. I still pick up stuff there a lot if I can make 3 or 4 times my $ but never score anything great. Anyway someone slipped and put this out on the household shelf for $5.99.
1870's Alfred Meakin pitcher.
etsyebay2 018.jpg etsyebay2 011.jpg
For comparison they have a small McCoy pitcher sitting on the shelf now with two chips and cracks at each end of the handle and have it priced at $7.99.

The Karl Neumann painting (bad photo) I picked up for the same price but I am keeping it for our future home in Florida.
etsyebay2 001.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'd be happy if my Goodwill priced things at 30-60% of sold prices. Here they price at 100-150% of the highest asking price. I still buy a good bit of stuff there but it's things that slip through the cracks.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't beat finding true Antiques in a Goodwill.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when someone gets the best of GW!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool. I rarely flip over that 'creamware' haha. Guess I'll have to. What that Meakin worth? Ballpark? #2lazy2ebaycheck

OP
OP
Kentuckiana Jones

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like to deal with glassware, pottery, ceramics, much either. I sold this for a quick hundred.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 10 pieces of various Federal and Rosemary depression glass at GW yesterday for a grand total of $15.19. Last week I found 4 pieces of pink depression glass made in Mexico for $4. Found a Pfaltzgraff lamp in like new condition a week ago also for $9, cheapest of that pattern used online is over $100. I miss that they no longer carry vintage Pyrex, it was a cheap source of it for my wife's collection but they wised up and sell it all online.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 10 pieces of various Federal and Rosemary depression glass at GW yesterday for a grand total of $15.19. Last week I found 4 pieces of pink depression glass made in Mexico for $4. Found a Pfaltzgraff lamp in like new condition a week ago also for $9, cheapest of that pattern used online is over $100. I miss that they no longer carry vintage Pyrex, it was a cheap source of it for my wife's collection but they wised up and sell it all online.

Are you joking? They pull pyrex like gold and silver now? :laughing9:

Literally only the crumbs left for the lowly in-store peasants. That store, ugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread