Amazing variety

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m amazed at the variety of things you can find to sell. I hit two thrift shops today and got jewelry as usual, but I’m expanding to pretty much everything so I tried to give everything interesting a once over. Came out with 12 Atlantis Crystal goblets for a quarter each (hope to get $300 for the set - theyre going 25-40 each); a japanese “Hakata” doll by a famous maker (hope to get at least $30); a museum reproduction of a colima parrot INAH (most are listed $200 plus but the last one to sell went for $77); an old sony walkman in the original box (could sell for like $300!). Plus more flatware (bread n butter for me) and a couple of things I need to figure out what they are lol

A lot of these things I would not have given a second look but I really dug around this time and used my phone (which is kind of awkward). So between this stuff and a calculator and a poster I got last week I’m thinking wtf else am I missing that I don’t know anything about.

So I think we should have a school for pickers where you can do a semester on glass, a seminar on porcelain, etc.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649747.147167.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649757.925046.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518649784.482292.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice would be to focus on a few areas. Then again I have a lot of sales in my area where I can have the focus. Places where you have few sales you pretty much have to mine the few sales you have for bargains.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! I also need to branch out. Question on the stemware: was it marked? 9 out 10 that I pickup seem to be crystal, but never any IDing marks, so I always pass. Maybe I should just start picking them up at 99 cents each and doing lots..

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I also need to branch out. Question on the stemware: was it marked? 9 out 10 that I pickup seem to be crystal, but never any IDing marks, so I always pass. Maybe I should just start picking them up at 99 cents each and doing lots..

Out of the 12 only 3 were marked. If I had not seen the marks I would not have bought them. It’s too hard for me to identify it otherwise. That’s why we need a school!

Kentuckiana Jones

May 19, 2017
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to give everything a look where I live, at least in the winter. Small town with 3 thrift stores, no yard sales for 5-6 months of the year, and no estate auctions from about Nov. thru Feb. I love it though. You learn so much looking at everything.

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got these for $1.00 each in north jersey thrift. Had to google them but def worth it. I put them on Amazon and Ebay and already got a $45 offer lol. Uline charges $70 a piece and I’m only asking $60 for both, so sticking to it for a few days. Another crazy thing I’d never think to buy. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518726465.635712.jpg

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice would be to focus on a few areas. Then again I have a lot of sales in my area where I can have the focus. Places where you have few sales you pretty much have to mine the few sales you have for bargains.

I pretty much can only go at lunch and a little bit on saturday so I figure I’ll keep jewelry as the focus and then try to learn least a little about everything.

pjdentry

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about trying to get into crystal. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with it?

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get into it!

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sold waterford glasses (2) for $75

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions