OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yet another quick suggestion re: assembling a testing kit. The solution provided for testing for silver when you purchase them as a set is useless imo. All I've used for that for years is 18k test acid. It turns silver a very obvious bright whitish-blue.
Yes I remember you could use a gold test for silver but I couldn't remember what carat test it was..thank you.

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ADL abbreviation can have several meanings, most all ADL rings get attribuyed to some designer back in the 1800s, who could have not possibly made all the rings being sold under his name. In France rings are marked ADL to for the avourdipois system to show its gold karat is determined by weight which is the most commonly seen meaning if the ADL stamp. If its a french gold ring, than there is a good cgance the rock is a real diamond, It would be best to take to a jeweler and have it tested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ADL abbreviation can have several meanings, most all ADL rings get attribuyed to some designer back in the 1800s, who could have not possibly made all the rings being sold under his name. In France rings are marked ADL to for the avourdipois system to show its gold karat is determined by weight which is the most commonly seen meaning if the ADL stamp. If its a french gold ring, than there is a good cgance the rock is a real diamond, It would be best to take to a jeweler and have it tested.
yes I need to go get it checked out. I was going to buy one of those $30 diamond tester but some reviews strayed me away from making that decision. Here's some pics of the ring

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_6454.JPG
    IMG_6454.JPG
    907.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6451.JPG
    IMG_6451.JPG
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6452.JPG
    IMG_6452.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6453.JPG
    IMG_6453.JPG
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see that there is American Diamond Laboratory and they stamp ADL in rings as well. Maybe it's a lab created. Also I'm wondering now if it's platinum, Its has more weight to it compared to my other 14k-10k rings at the same size.

Last edited:

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good chance of it ! Let us know what the jewelers say.. and from what i have seen if those cheap diamond testers, they cannot tell moasonite from diamond, only pop a neg on lesser quality imitations.

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good chance of it ! Let us know what the jewelers say.. and from what i have seen if those cheap diamond testers, they cannot tell moasonite from diamond, only pop a neg on lesser quality imitations.
Took it to a jeweler and it's tested positive for diamond and platunum. She tried to rip me off tho

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I figured real diamond and that Platinum is even better! How did she try to rip you off?

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figured real diamond and that Platinum is even better! How did she try to rip you off?

Well I went in there with a few items to be tested ( see picture ) all the stuff above the cross with the purple stones tested positive for diamonds. The heart has 12 diamonds, but not big ones, the earring has 7 total ( .25 carat on the outside and .50 carart in the middle, the double heart pendant has 3 blue diamonds, the other ring has a .25 as well, the cross with the purple stones is tanzanite. The other stuff all has diamonds as well. She said she would give me $100 for all of it......no way in hell.

Attachments

• IMG_6481.JPG
    IMG_6481.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6482.JPG
    IMG_6482.JPG
    879.5 KB · Views: 96

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find!!

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome news ! Thats a really lowball offer, but not uncommon when selling jewelry. Have to remember they have a building to pay for, and buying like that means they have to document it witg the police and hold onto it for a set period of time before they can do anything with it, so its not uncommon to get low offers, but that one is definetely way too low.

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome news ! Thats a really lowball offer, but not uncommon when selling jewelry. Have to remember they have a building to pay for, and buying like that means they have to document it witg the police and hold onto it for a set period of time before they can do anything with it, so its not uncommon to get low offers, but that one is definetely way too low.
well I didn't plan on selling them to her at all. She just made the offer after she tested everything. She must of assumed that I didn't know anything about this stuff. At the same time I don't blame her.
But i would like to get a ring made out of the earring some day
also I got another thing of junk jewelry and I'll post what I found here later on today

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread